Origin of the Xenomorph

Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 02, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

If you could choose, how did the Xenomorph come to be?

Engineers created them
David created them
Space Jockeys or 'Alpha' Race created them
Yautja created them
Naturally occurring species originating from Xenomorph Prime
The cosmos manifesting itself as a universal wave of extinction to keep technologically advanced races in check
Author
Origin of the Xenomorph (Read 6,570 times)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

For me it's a toss up between Option 1, 3 and 6.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Here we go again.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I'm interested to see the most favored option and to hear some theories I may not have heard before.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Voted for muh space jockey fantasies.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 02, 2018, 06:01:24 PM

3 & 6- Accept no substitutes.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 02, 2018, 07:21:22 PM

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 02, 2018, 06:01:24 PM

3 & 6- Accept no substitutes.
This (although I'd be okay with 5). Ultimately I'd rather not know - the old EU had deliberately contradictory potential origins for the Alien and it was great. :P

I like to think the Engineers synthesized their Black Goo from the xenomorph, and David using said Black Goo to create a xenomorph-like creature is him bringing it full-circle.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, I wish it is so.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I used to like the Space-jockey creatiing them theory but as time went on and after some consideration, its no better than David creating them as they still go from being an "Alien" to an artificial creation.

The Old One

The Old One

An "artificial creation" of unknown origin foreign to the universe, is considerably-more Alien rather-than a creature with origins in nature.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Except Nature has proven to be capable of creating creepy and scary Alien like life-forms. Just look at botflies, guinea worms and tarantula hawk wasps, then look at the power of the Tiger and Lion, the senses and hunting capablities of sharks. The idea of the creature being nothing more than imitation of life and not a real life-form, lessons it in my opinion.

The Old One

The Old One

Nature. In definition natural.

Alien, foreign, unknown, unnatural.

It is superior to life. Biological AI.
A reflection of us without the pretense.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You know what, to hell with discussing this situation. I'm gonna settle this once and for all by engineering the alien myself. I am gonna bring it to life and unleash it on mankind with a nice sweet AVPGalaxy tattooed in gold over it's caprice so everyone knows who's fault it was for the apocalypse being unleashed.

Yea you're gonna get the egg, the facehugger, the chestburster, the whole damn thing. And you know what, I'm gonna give them eye holes that shoot pink lasers.

The Old One

The Old One

:laugh:

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

If it is option 3, 5 or 6 then when the Engineers came across these Xenomorphs they synthesized the Black Pathogen from them. The Engineers used this to create and destroy life.

David then, using the Pathogen, reverse-engineered his own strain of the Xenomorph.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

The votes are at a tie between options 3, 5 and 6. How is the fan base ever going to be satisfied? Should they forever leave it open to interpretation?

More votes are needed to get a better idea of what most fans want.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed