Origin of the Xenomorph

Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 02, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

If you could choose, how did the Xenomorph come to be?

Engineers created them
David created them
Space Jockeys or 'Alpha' Race created them
Yautja created them
Naturally occurring species originating from Xenomorph Prime
The cosmos manifesting itself as a universal wave of extinction to keep technologically advanced races in check
Author
Origin of the Xenomorph (Read 6,563 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 06, 2018, 01:38:50 AM
even though it sources as much from Beskinski as Giger-

I'm a fan actually  :)

The Old One

The Old One

Oh, he was a fantastic artist no doubt.

One of my favourites in my Art History lessons.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I like to think its still its own creature and the engineers discovered them, and then tried to re-create them, but ultimately ended up with the black goo. Maybe the goo is like an excrete found within the xenomorphs making.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Beskinski could be my favorite artist of all time. Scorn looks so eldritch I can't wait to play it.

If there's got to be a creator of the Xenomorph I would love an 'Alpha' race of sorts to be introduced. With the cycle of creation and destruction that the prequel movies present it makes sense for there to be a species above the Engineers.

Even better if it's the Space Jockeys that are this race to bring back that mystery of Giger's biomechanical giant. The shape, size and overall look of the Space Jockey is so much different from the Engineer bio-suit. To me it looks like Giger meant for this creature to actually be growing out of the "chair" or was actually indeed part of of the ship. Imagine if the Derelict ship WAS the Space Jockey. An ancient highly-advanced biomechanical race of synthetic-organic starships with the Space Jockey acting as a sort of nerve centre.

Their technology was either stolen, scavenged or gifted to the Engineers. Or perhaps because the Engineers worshiped them they based their technology off the Jockey's.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 06, 2018, 01:38:50 AM
Heaven forbid that opinion come to fruition.
Yeah, would be a shame if people got to enjoy things you don't :-\

The Old One

The Old One

It would be a shame if the franchise and property was degraded.

SiL

SiL

That's your opinion it would be degraded. Others might like it.

Could you maybe not be so obnoxious about every opinion you disagree with? You have a very poor attitude towards concepts you dislike and constantly come across like your views are the only ones of real merit.

Get off the high horse and let people enjoy things.

The Old One

The Old One

Alright, I'll bite.

How do you honestly expect me to change that?

(Because I'm not going to stop thinking some people have terrible ideas.)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Just be more accepting of other people's opinions as their opinions. People are going to think your ideas are terrible as well but it's just better to have a discussion around it.

But back to the topic at hand people!

A highly advanced race of biomechanical starships creating the Xenomorph? Or perhaps the ovomorphs are a part of the Derelict's biology? ???

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 06, 2018, 05:24:42 AM
How do you honestly expect me to change that?
Watch how you discuss ideas and understand that there are plenty of people who think your ideas are just as bad. We're here to discuss concepts and our shared enjoyment of the series; being condescending and dickish to ideas you don't like throttles conversation and spoils the fun. They're all just thoughts and feelings about a fiction series we enjoy; not everyone's going to agree, and that's kind of the point of having a discussion board.

The Old One

The Old One

Fair enough.

I've been around "basic" terminology for far too long.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

but anyways...

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 06, 2018, 05:08:24 AM
It would be a shame if the franchise and property was degraded.

The franchise is already degraded in my opinion, the last five Alien films (this is including the AVP films fyi) saw to that and the new Predator is just turn a once suspenseful franchise into a marvel movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed