Do you hope that "The Predator" will get a sequel sometime in the future?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 01, 2018, 10:42:09 AM

Author
Do you hope that "The Predator" will get a sequel sometime in the future? (Read 7,361 times)

Huggs

I think it's safe to say that this particular narrative has already gone the way of the dodo, and The Predator will not be getting a direct sequel.

If the studio does go a new direction with the next one, I'd love to see something along the lines of Close Encounters, but with hostility. A story that doesn't involve showing them off all the time, especially in the daylight. But rather visions, nightmares, spacecraft in the night, killing areas, crashed cars. Encounters in the woods and on mountains. Government cover-ups and covert operations. Something dark, and foreboding. And a ominous soundtrack in the same style of the original film. Inject some fear back into the franchise.

Highland

I don't know if anyone's listened to the Wolverine podcast called "the long night", but I like the style. It's basically two detectives trying to figure out a murder mystery and Wolverine is sort of just back ground noise most of the time.

I wonder if that would be a better idea, although now that I think of it, that's sort of what Predator 2 is, which is still 8 times better than anything that came after it.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Highland on Dec 27, 2018, 04:26:24 AM
I don't know if anyone's listened to the Wolverine podcast called "the long night", but I like the style. It's basically two detectives trying to figure out a murder mystery and Wolverine is sort of just back ground noise most of the time.

I wonder if that would be a better idea, although now that I think of it, that's sort of what Predator 2 is, which is still 8 times better than anything that came after it.
Wolverine, like, the Marvel X-men character?

AhabPredator

Nothing from this movie. I'd rather see a TV series done much like how American Horror Story is done. Different seasons with different plots and timelines. Kind of like the If It Bleeds anthology style. But no more movies based off this. Never again.

Highland

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 27, 2018, 04:56:45 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 27, 2018, 04:26:24 AM

Wolverine, like, the Marvel X-men character?

Yeah, they've made a story based podcast that's all told through the characters ( no story teller). It's quite good.

whiterabbit

I wouldn't mind a Predator 3. Yea, one pred vs a team of humans. We've already have soldiers and cops...

The Old One

The Old One

PREDATOR 3

Is the best option IMO
de-boot the series,
much as DMC. Truly go back
to the roots, to the simplicity
A single Predator hunts
a team of deadly characters.
With big charisma.
You get the idea.

(In a near future perhaps...)

PsyKore

A sequel to this? No thanks.

I would, however, like them to start actually writing films with proper endings for a change. Because we're now being left with all these movies that are open-ended and it's becoming absurd.

whiterabbit

Great points. Plots left open and an over complication of a basic plot idea is a huge problem. Predator 1 and 2 are very similar but just different enough to set them apart. It's also asking too much to expect later films to repeat the great success of Predator.

Above all however is that the movie needs to take it self seriously. Which Predators did. And it is a good action movie in my honest opinion. I don't know why people give it and P2 so much crap but when you do, we get films like The Predator.

So yea, Predator 3 and it should be set either in the present or near future. Star one Predator, a traditional predator and some sort of team. Sure it is the same old story but I think that is what a lot of us want. A familiar theme with a new set of characters and ideas. You can do different stuff but by all means keep it close to the hip.

The Old One

The Old One

Predator 3!
PREDATOR 3!
PREDATOR 3

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Dec 28, 2018, 01:18:16 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 27, 2018, 02:38:50 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Dec 27, 2018, 12:28:10 PM
Predator 3!
PREDATOR 3!
PREDATOR 3

https://media2.giphy.com/media/1ylQSLpoYm5ruMjJj7/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c24e3a34c6f617563c5cc15

Is the magic in the bold or the red font?  :D

I think The Old One's secret is in the combination!  Like when one's chocolate accidentally mixes with another's peanut butter!

whiterabbit

Yea keep saying Predator 3 and they will deliver us Predator 3.1. The story of a US Drone running Windows 3.11 OS who becomes sentient and starts hunting the ultimate prey in the Predator.

Frosty Venom

I'd rather a sequel to Predators or another standalone movie. But if it's the only way to get another Predator movie then yes, I'd cop a sequel to The Predator.

It needs to start going Cyberpunk Dystopian if they're setting it in 2019/2020 etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed