Why haven't they made an AVP3 movie yet?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Sep 30, 2018, 10:45:56 AM

Author
Why haven't they made an AVP3 movie yet? (Read 5,486 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yes? I'm not alone in this view on AVPG.

@Nightmare Asylum

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 13, 2018, 10:35:44 PM
Yes? I'm not alone in this view on AVPG.

@Nightmare Asylum

Alone? No. Certainly not. In the minority? Yes.

I do not begrudge your opinion. We all have different ones.

I just find it interesting that someone would bother posting in the AVPG forums. On the AVP sub forum and be against the idea of AVP?

The Old One

The Old One

Not against, it can work- just like Batman Versus Predator is a fantastic comic.
So is the original AVP and my personal favourite rendition is Monolith's AVP.

But I'm not championing it, and that's all it is to me; a crossover.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 13, 2018, 10:45:15 PM
Not against, it can work- just like Batman Versus Predator is a fantastic comic.
So is the original AVP and my personal favourite rendition is Monolith's AVP.

But I'm not championing it, and that's all it is to me; a crossover.

Understandable.

I'm curious, so obviously the concept isn't a problem for you. Elsewise you'd not be on these forums.

But, if I'm correct, you enjoy the concept more in comics, games, etc etc. ? Over film and I don't just mean the films we got, rather, film in general?

The Old One

The Old One

Definitely, I think it's primarily a dynamic that works exceptionally well in gameplay and "cool factor" visuals.
Not as much in narrative, even in the original AVP comic IMO.

Huggs

Huggs

Failure to write good human characters is one of the bigger flaws with the avp movies. Wolf being lackluster, aliens being weak aside, the human characters should be the backbone of the story. It's their experiences we're living the story through. It's not just about aliens vs predators, it's about us trying to survive the war of the species.

They can add colonial marines, they can add stronger aliens, they can even set it in space, but all the sound and spectacle and fury doesn't matter if the human characters exhibit all the personality of cardboard. I'll take Machiko over Ricky the indifferent pizza boy anyday.

Until they address this issue, I'd rather the series be left in stasis.

whiterabbit

Alien vs Predator: Forever

The legendary AVP3 movie is on it's way... eventually, maybe, another 8 years. One predator, one alien, one android, one marine and one queen that's not the alien queen.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 14, 2018, 02:43:13 AM
Alien vs Predator: Forever

The legendary AVP3 movie is on it's way... eventually, maybe, another 8 years. One predator, one alien, one android, one marine and one queen that's not the alien queen.

Prometheus/Alien Covenant 3 is dead in the water. There was a mooted "David Android" story, free from Xenomorph's, focusing on a shared Blade Runner 2049 universe about artificial intelligence and androids........until that Blade Runner 2049 flopped after an initial strong opening weekend at the box office.

ALIENS 5 (Blomkamp) I cannot see happening without a strong re-write, and evolving it into a standalone feature. Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn are too old and, no offense, the surviving cast of ALIENS are "entering that time of their lives". Which is why many have been lost.

I'd say 20th Century Fox should roll the dice on AVP3 as long as it is at least a competent popcorn movie.

That said anyone hear about rumour control of an ALIEN-TV series? Jesus I'm getting STARGATE-SG1 levels of cringe.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, mostly.

Though I believe a new standalone Alien film is the best direction, free from restriction- rather than AVP.
As I don't believe in the concept of AVP as a narrative.

Wysps

Yeah, there's definitely a question of should it happen to begin with. I love the AVP comics and would like another go at a film at some point, but with the different subject matter (the franchises tend to cater to different tastes) and maybe "opposing loyalties", and of course the different canons for each, it'd be hard to produce a good set of AVP films that would satisfy enough people to make continuing the series on film lucrative. It's like, I want it to happen, but do I really want it to happen?

The Old One

The Old One

As singular entities I believe both flourish.

Together both hinder each other.

Perfect-Organism

It was a cool novelty in the early nineties, but it's played itself out, and has lost all steam.

D88M

Because the two they made, besides being just cynical cash grabs, were awful and rightfully paned by both critics and spectators. The potential of the franchise is endless, they just need to put some effort in it to make something good.

Frosty Venom

Indeed there is so much untapped potential in these universes that has yet to be put to screen.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 18, 2018, 02:45:42 AM
It was a cool novelty in the early nineties, but it's played itself out, and has lost all steam.

This.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed