Why haven't they made an AVP3 movie yet?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Sep 30, 2018, 10:45:56 AM

Author
Why haven't they made an AVP3 movie yet? (Read 5,481 times)

SM

To go back to the question - they're not deliberately making films to be less well received.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2018, 08:51:12 AM
To go back to the question - they're not deliberately making films to be less well received.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

In other words while the film-makers may not have consciously intended to say, let's make a film that sucks or is boring- they are accountable for the end product.

PREDATOR 2 and Alien 3 were the beginning of the end.

Alien fan and suit actor Gareth Elner stated it best. Each subsequent Director tried putting their mark on the ALIEN but instead ended up killing it, ending with it being a slimy coackroach* (*Alien Resurrection).

SM

A matter of perspective.

Kel G 426

Quote from: DerelictShip on Oct 08, 2018, 09:27:37 PM
AVP3 should replicate AVP 2010.

That would be a great story on the big screen. Never saw any flaws with that game.

All the ingredients are there for sure.

The future
A distant planet
Colonial Marines
Spaceships
Predators in the jungle
Aliens attacking a colony
Mad scientist
Murderous androids
Ancient Temple
Ancient Queen
Predalien
Predator nuking the place
Lance Henriksen

Yeah, the movies had most of that too. But the game did it better, in a visual style much closer the original films.

Huggs

Quote from: Kelgaard on Oct 10, 2018, 06:00:21 AM

That would be a great story on the big screen. Never saw any flaws with that game.

The future
A distant planet
Colonial Marines
Spaceships
Predators in the jungle
Mad scientist
Murderous androids
Ancient Temple
Ancient Queen
Predalien
Lance Henriksen

Yeah, the movies had most of that too. But the game did it better, in a visual style much closer the original films.

Rebellion really should've handled A:CM

The Cruentus

There is plenty of flaws in that game, but A:CM is worse. AVP2010 was just a tad mediocre.
And it also follows on from the AVP movies.

The Old One

The Old One

The two mediocre major releases in the franchise. 2010's AVP & 2010's Predators.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Kelgaard on Oct 10, 2018, 06:00:21 AM

The future
A distant planet
Colonial Marines
Spaceships
Predators in the jungle
Mad scientist
Murderous androids
Ancient Temple
Ancient Queen
Predalien
Lance Henriksen

I also like the fact they incorporated elements of ALIEN VS PREDATOR and AVP-R into the gaming's lore and stylistic presentation with the PREDATOR temple, PREDATOR ship designs (especially during the attack on the USS Marlow) and Android Bishop.

This is why I dislike retconning and re-boots unless they play with the lore too much or snooker future film makers with odd inferences that break continuity (Covenant, Prometheus).

DerelictShip

Little off topic but what are the flaws you find in AVP 2010 regarding the story and such? Those who say it is mediocre

The Cruentus

Off the top of my head.

*The campaigns are too short.
*The plot is a little over the top as you have bond villian type mad scientists.
*Aliens and Predator that can be close to lava (In real life you will die just by being within meters of the stuff, it is that hot)
*The Alien playstyle is horrible, they are supposed to be 8ft tall monsters yet you are forced crawl on all fours making you the shortest.
*There is gameplay glitches in multiplayer and the multiplayer itself is broken, you have to wait for the next match rather be able to just jump in one.
*The combat is glitched as well, the distance tracker is non-existent as you can hit and be hit by someone that is meters away from you. I do mean in melee of course.
*Then there is a few issues with continuity on the timeline and then there is the fact that it follows the AVP movies.

It is a fun game, it is just far from flawless. It is better than ACM at least.

Kel G 426

Gameplay issues would be irrelevant to a film. The plot could be tweaked.

AVP 2010 is the movie they SHOULD'VE made. I don't know if it would work now, though. It might be seen as rehash of the first film with the pyramid and all.

That's a shame. It would've been really cool to see AL|ENS VS PREDATOR that way for the first time in theaters.

So dang, what now?  I think a Colonial Marines spinoff franchise might be the best way to move forward. An action/adventure oriented series that can feature Aliens and Predators but also have other monsters and villains.

DerelictShip

I wouldnt consider it a rehash, just a continuation of the lore. Regarding the pyramid issue, never had an issue with that personally.

The Old One

The Old One

A colonial marines series? No.

I'd prefer a single story if they MUST do anything "AVP" again- Monolith's AVP would be a better basis than AVP 2010.

I believe Alien and Predator are better off separate from henceforth though.

SiL

Atari Jaguar AvP for life.

JungleHunter87

QuoteI believe Alien and Predator are better off separate from henceforth though.

You do realize you're on an AVP dedicated forum/website right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed