Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 76,357 times)

426Buddy

Regarding WY, its the bioweapons division that wants the alien. So I assume they would want to study how effective the creature is against humans and human populations.

The Old One

The Old One

If so, then you need to establish a foil to W-Y.
The UPP for instance, otherwise field tests are pointless.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2019, 12:48:22 AM
marines in Rogue, etc.

Kleist also used those cloned bodies aka "dummies". In the marines's case it was his way of getting rid of people he didn't like, he didn't need to use them to make aliens.

SM

SM

Then why did Joyce have a pirated video of an old friend of hers getting chestbursted?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2019, 12:51:42 AM
Are you implying that the comics are inconsistent?

USM done it too.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 27, 2019, 01:02:08 AM
Regarding WY, its the bioweapons division that wants the alien. So I assume they would want to study how effective the creature is against humans and human populations.

Imagine that.   ;)

The Cruentus

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 26, 2019, 05:37:08 PM
Could this series take place prior to the formation of the ECA?  It implies that the colonization ships are entirely unregulated deathtraps that only desperate people would ever travel on.

Its doubly sinister if you take into account that because they are known to be deathtraps, if they go missing, no one is going to bat an eyelash, thus the evil W-Y gets free hosts and the money from the desperate peeps at the same time.

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 26, 2019, 06:04:40 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 26, 2019, 11:06:46 AM
AVP 2010:
Just look at Doctor Groves, he would be more suited in something like "Austin Powers" judging by his world-domination audio log.

Alien Isolation, ambiguous.

The Cold Forge, corporate espionage.

AVP 2010's guilty of "Weyland Corp is evil!" In more ways that one. Using W-Y employees with no second thought for testing, Doctor Groves' supervillain personality and Bishop Weyland apparently being the head of the company since the beginning; body hopping and changing his first name but not his face? Weyland-Yutani outright owning the Colonial Marine core. Thankfully all of that belongs to the AVP/AVPR/The Predator timeline.

Not just employees but apparently colonists as well, as I believe some of the audio logs mention something about missing or abducted colonists.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 26, 2019, 10:00:44 PM
Well if we are mentioning games... AVP2 had a better approach to the company than the ones after it, they are of course interested mainly in results, but aren't killing their own employees for the lols, they need those people alive to achieve their goals, who are informed of what they will be encountering on their job, they use animals as hosts for aliens. They do keep a eye on the actions on those in charge of their facility, who are the ones that are actually doing bad things. Since due to where the facilities are located and to the amount of power given to the ones in charge, they can get a way with doing things that are against the company's interests and putting the lives of others in danger. Their corruption is the main source of the problems and we don't know how much WY is aware of.

But on Resistance, the main problem for me is when its set, they could have put such a story after 2179 and come up with a fine explanation where WY got the aliens, but they still want to milk the Ripley name so we are stuck on this. Knowing that WY already has some aliens somewhere makes the events on ALIENS and ALIEN 3 not much of a big deal.

They have been using convicts for hosts though it seems, also I think there was PDA about using the predators as well.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2019, 01:50:48 AM
Then why did Joyce have a pirated video of an old friend of hers getting chestbursted?

Just like the marines he was probably someone that pissed Kleist off, he didn't need to use him as a host, he choose it. The thing is: Kleist could simply use the dummies to breed the aliens. He choose not to sometimes because he was an over the top comic book villain. Which seems to be the path they are going with on Resistance.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 27, 2019, 01:58:21 AM
They have been using convicts for hosts though it seems, also I think there was PDA about using the predators as well.

Yeah, convicts were experimented on, also used for hosts sometimes, but those weren't like really innocent people, which is why I didn't compare to how WY did things on the other games. Its also implied that the convicts are fully sedated when its done. On Harrison's case it was unfair of course, but that pure revenge from Dunya, WY had no involvement in the schemes of Rykov and his team.

One of Prince's teammates was used to produce a Predalien, the one you free as an alien and kill as Harrison. Well the Predators aren't exactly innocent either, they don't have a problem on using humans for that. Both Predators and WY scientists can be seen as evil.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 27, 2019, 01:02:08 AM

Imagine that.   ;)

"For what purpose Master Chief?"

SM

SM

Lots of places are inhabited by humans, while there's only one Planet of the Apes.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2019, 12:51:42 AM
Are you implying that the comics are inconsistent?

USM done it too.

Yet another trip down memory lane...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 27, 2015, 12:28:49 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 26, 2015, 10:34:22 AM
Weyland-Yutani is a Company run by yuppies that doesn't have anywhere near the authority the EU gave it. They still have to dance around governing bodies. They aren't a government unto themselves, nor were they EVER portrayed as such.

They were arseholes, not Bond villains.

Conversely, AR was a missed opportunity to depict the USM scientists as well-intentioned and ethical.  I hated Perez and Wren the most for turning out to be such mustache twirling villains.

I also hated them for using innocent humans as breeding stock when they could have gotten the same results with ordinary lab animals.

Such pointlessly goofy nonsense in that movie.

SM

SM

If you want them for urban pacification - you test them on those you wish to pacify.

Lab animals are already chill.

Local Trouble

I always thought "urban pacification" was a completely inadequate euphemism for deliberately unleashing a biological weapon on a civilian population center that kills indiscriminately.  That is, unless the aliens are going to be trained to use stun guns and tear gas instead...

Xenomrph

A population can be considered pacified when it can't fight back.

A dead population can't fight back.

(I'm being real facetious here)

Local Trouble

Sterilized facehuggers would actually be pretty effective for non-lethal pacification.

The Cruentus

Also I would have though the whole point of the bio-weapons programme was to have the drones trained and unleashed on enemies, not facehuggers. So there really is no excuse for not using animals as hosts.

I don't even think they legally even be allowed to use the parasites nevermind the adult aliens, I mean that would be some serious violations of all sorts rules in war. Death by chestburster would be immensely inhumane.

Local Trouble

One would also think that company develops such weapons for sale to the military, not for their own use.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed