Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 72,164 times)

Ultramorph

Tristan's variant for #1 is up!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2018/10/12/exclusive-aliens-resistance-1-tristan-jones-variant-revealed/

I strongly think we'll be heading to Acheron in this series.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps.

Just please be good and congruent!

Corporal Hicks

Hot damn!

Xiggz456

Awesome artwork!

Frosty Venom

that's f*cking beautiful!

Reminds me a bit of Kilian Plunkett's work on Labyrinth but it's still unique in it's own right and captures the Alien vibe perfectly.

SiL

SiL

That left arm is doing my head in. Is it coming out of the Alien's chest?

Perfect-Organism

Sil!  I can't unsee that now.  Come on!   ;)

SiL

SiL

I'm sorry! The knee if where the shoulder should be and the arm is just kind of appearing out of the inky blackness like a Lovecraftian tit. :P

Looking closer it actually looks like the arm was originally in the right place but has been shifted to the side. Would love to hear what happened here!

(Still a great piece!)

tyrannosaurusjones

I rolled the arm forward in the socket a bit, like its shoulders are trying to touch each other. I don't know what it is about that version of the release but it's blown the colours out a bit. If you look at the black and white, it's clearer.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Oct 12, 2018, 04:48:59 PM
that's f*cking beautiful!

Reminds me a bit of Kilian Plunkett's work on Labyrinth but it's still unique in it's own right and captures the Alien vibe perfectly.
I remember making the same comparison between Tristan and Plunkett when Defiance #1 and 2 were coming out. I love that art style.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 13, 2018, 04:57:17 AM
I rolled the arm forward in the socket a bit, like its shoulders are trying to touch each other. I don't know what it is about that version of the release but it's blown the colours out a bit. If you look at the black and white, it's clearer.

Oh, that's cool! Thanks for sharing. The colour version definitely crushed the shadows a bit around the top of the arm and kinda obscures what you were doing.

Love your work. Seriously some of the best artwork the series has had.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 13, 2018, 04:57:17 AM

Sweet

Russ840

Amazing Variant.

I just checked out Robert Carey's art and it looks pretty good and is similar in style to Tristan's.

Dan Jackson on colours, as well, fills me with confidence that the book is going to be very consistent with the first half of defiance when I comes to look and atmosphere. Here's hoping that Robert can bring as much life to the page, like Tristan does so well.

Russ840

Solicits are our and the first issue is at the top

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1810/22/darkhorsejan.htm

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed