Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 70,862 times)

Ultramorph

Hey, if Predator Hunters goes on long enough I'm sure it will dovetail nicely with Predator Xenogenesis.  :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

A 4-issue series surely can be done well.  No doubt.  I will say though, thinking back about the great 4-issue series of the past, I kinda wish they were 6-issue series instead.  That cartainly translates better into a TPB...

SM

SM

They need to be as long as they need to be.  The original Aliens series worked well at 6 issues.  Alchemy and Survival work out alright at three issues.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'd rather they just finish Defiance and Isolation in a nice clean mini like this, rather than try another ongoing that will get cut short.

Back to the story, it's cool that Wood is talking up the "early days of colonization" angle. I wonder if we'll see some of W-Y's early attempts are weponizing the xenos. Those U-head aliens that Tristan did a sketch of back in the day would be neat to see.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Oct 01, 2018, 01:56:25 AM
They need to be as long as they need to be.  The original Aliens series worked well at 6 issues.  Alchemy and Survival work out alright at three issues.

I can't argue with that.  A story needs to be as long as it needs to be.

The Old One

The Old One

I never enjoyed the assumption that W-Y would "Weaponise the Xenomorph" It appears thoughtless and lacks creative drive.
In my personal interpretation the aqquisition was more-so in terms of designed exploitation, instead of outright military use.

I appreciate "The Cold Forge" in it's exploration of "Other" exploitation.

Russ840

Im with you on that. It makes the company come off as one dimensional.

I tend to believe WY is a little more multi-faceted than that.

SM

SM

The comics took their lead from the films which both (at that point) said they wanted Aliens for the bio-weapons division.

Even so, Dark Horse were 10 series, 2 one-shots, numerous short stories and 7 years into their run before Weyland-Yutani explicitly rated a mention.

Perfect-Organism

It would be cool if we got a Defiance - Resistance hardcover compilation...  just saying.

Ultramorph

I can see that happening. We still haven't gotten a big, single volume Defiance collection, so it's possible.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd love it, if Resistance is prodigious.

Ultramorph

The Old One

The Old One

"I wanted Amanda Ripley to have closure."

Ultramorph

https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/1050149150791221248?s=21

Tristan shared some more Amanda Ripley artwork.

The Old One

The Old One

Terror!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed