Sideshow Alien Mythos Line

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2018, 06:28:13 PM

Author
Sideshow Alien Mythos Line (Read 13,456 times)

Cenobitey

Cenobitey

Any REAL ALIEN fan will know this design is more along the lines of what RIDLEY SCOTT wanted for the alien design to be... but they were limited in budget. Throughout the filming of the original film, Ridley kept the rule of quick shots and weird experiments contorting of Bolaji. Remember when the alien could be seen hanging in the cooling tower in the Directors cut? The tail was placed in the front of the actor... quick cuts were used... the weird crabwalk that was cut from the film, all to throw off that this was just an actor in a suit. Back in 1979, most people didn't know the actual shape of the alien until the end of the film!!! This was on purpose as the man-in-suit was the only option.

Cenobitey

Cenobitey

Also... at the very least this has a more 'biomechanical' Giger influence in the design and I prefer it over the aliens in either Prometheus or Covenant.

bobby brown

Easy with the "real fans" crap,

But I get what you are saying, However, I wouldn't trade this for big chap. or his following descendants.

Still, I can appreciate this as an artistic endeavor.

CainsSon

Easily my favorite alien design since the A3 runner.

Outstanding. If only we could see this in a film somehow.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Sep 28, 2018, 04:22:55 AM
Agreed on the crested dinosaurs, but this is to the Alien what Bay's Transformers are to, well, Transformers. Too much, for no reason.

Do we need a reason now? it is a collectible piece, no an actual design for a movie. You don't like it, we get it. Just don't be so bitter about it.  ::)

Quote from: Cenobitey on Sep 28, 2018, 05:49:35 AM
Any REAL ALIEN fan

There is no such thing as real Alien fans. :P

Cenobitey

Cenobitey

Heh, the "REAL FAN" comment was a joke. ;)

SiL

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Sep 29, 2018, 04:34:07 AM
Do we need a reason now? it is a collectible piece, no an actual design for a movie. You don't like it, we get it. Just don't be so bitter about it.  ::)
Reason from a design perspective? Sure, good designs are generally driven by some sort of reasoning. Slapping shit on a design for the sake of it isn't good design work. As a collectible piece it isn't something I'd like to add to my collection because the design is unappealing to me.

If you like it, sweet, but could we maybe not act like the only worthwhile opinion on a piece of art is a positive one? Art is to be reacted to, positive or negative. I'm not bitter, just communicating my feelings :)

Immortan Jonesy

Fair enough  ;)

Morose

You know it's funny. I actually like the King alien design but don't like this. To me this alien statue seems really messy and not that elegant. The back pipes are too short and fatty, the legs are way to arm like, the head is messy, and the fingers seem to be way too long. Now don't get me wrong, the King alien isn't the most elegant of designs either. However at least it feels proportionate and it does have some fascinating features, such as the skull crest and tail. I own a King alien statue and, to me, its probably my favorite alien collectible.

I know that the Legacy team  were trying to go with the alien design from the original storyboard sketches for alien 1979, however this statue just seems way too funky for my taste. Personally my favorite alien designs are the 1979 big chap, the unused HR Giger dog alien, and the Queen (which is partially a Giger creation as her hands are very similar to the hands of the alien in the Monster IV painting.

TheSailingRabbit

The design is complicated and messy, in a good way. It wholly displays the ugliness and terror. A perfect antagonist for any character of the Alien universe--Hudson, Ripley, Shaw, take your pick.

And Jones is always a nice touch.

The Old One

The Old One

With some alterations this could have been my favourite Alien design.

Bad Replicant

I'd buy one that was a normal alien + hyper-stylized Jones with a hundred paws.

Morose

Now that, that I would buy

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

New piece coming from the Mythos line

426Buddy

426Buddy

Nice as always.

I'm sure the cost will be painfully high.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed