Shane Black got hung out to dry??- This movie stinks of a FOX f-up

Started by Original Predator, Sep 18, 2018, 07:22:45 PM

Author
Shane Black got hung out to dry??- This movie stinks of a FOX f-up (Read 11,267 times)

Original Predator

May have to change the site name to Aliengalaxy.....

LOL....

Uncanny Antman

Every time there is a disappointing sequel people start up with the "franchise is dead!" talk.   It's not dead, just back into low-power mode.   Bad sequels never killed Predator before, or Alien or Terminator.   And it won't happen this time either.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Original Predator on Sep 20, 2018, 12:41:14 AM

LOL....

At least we finally know who won AVP.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 20, 2018, 02:08:55 AM
Quote from: Original Predator on Sep 20, 2018, 12:41:14 AM

LOL....

At least we finally know who won AVP.

As if there was any doubt.  :D

whiterabbit

The Capital A won this round but the The Predator movie isn't a ship sinker at all. It's not a good movie but it's still worth watching if it shows up on tv.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 20, 2018, 02:04:07 AM
Every time there is a disappointing sequel people start up with the "franchise is dead!" talk.   It's not dead, just back into low-power mode.   Bad sequels never killed Predator before, or Alien or Terminator.   And it won't happen this time either.

Terminator has been dead since 2003. They keep re-animating a Frankenstein monster/zombie thing calling it Terminator.

whiterabbit

Quote from: newagescamartist on Sep 20, 2018, 06:11:20 AM

Terminator has been dead since 2003. They keep re-animating a Frankenstein monster/zombie thing calling it Terminator.
He said he'll be back. If he didn't keep coming back than what's the point of saying "I'll be ba-ack". :P

Nathsp

If you want to kill terminator give the next movie to shame black, it will transform skynet into a wizard that uses magic to create robots, and he will put some terminator spiders and shit...
Fox should use a comic story, and a director who knows the creature and its ideals

whiterabbit

What you want are direct to DVD movies.

skull-splitter

You'd think by now they would have learned to think grander scope...

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Ingwar on Sep 19, 2018, 11:11:41 PM
Let's face it. This movie is a nail in the coffin. Franchise is dead. Both AvP and now this. No more humiliation. Enough is enough. Studio and Shane, thank you very much. You achieved unattainable. I salute you :)

Let's face it, you and i will still go see the future movie, whatever when or what that may be  ;)

whiterabbit

I might even go see this one again. I mean there isn't any reason not to on discount Tuesday.

Predaker

Eh, this film was like a train wreck you could see coming for miles. The types of films Black has been involved with are for the most part about as far away from a Predator film you can get while staying near the same genre. Ever since early script leaks, I never thought for a second this film was going to do anything but shit the bed.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I think it's the main thing with this film : it's first and foremost a Shane Black movie, not a Predator movie. It was always meant to be.

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 20, 2018, 12:34:42 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Sep 19, 2018, 11:11:41 PM
Let's face it. This movie is a nail in the coffin. Franchise is dead. Both AvP and now this. No more humiliation. Enough is enough. Studio and Shane, thank you very much. You achieved unattainable. I salute you :)

Let's face it, you and i will still go see the future movie, whatever when or what that may be  ;)

I'd normally be on the same fanwagon, and say hell yes! But with that ending....I honestly don't think I could watch a follow up to that movie, as much as it pains me to say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed