Started by germanator2, Sep 18, 2018, 02:33:08 AM

Which did you prefer?

Super Predators
31 (67.4%)
Upgrade Predator
15 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author
Super Preds vs Upgrade (Read 6,916 times)

germanator2

germanator2

Which did you prefer??
I wasn't a fan of the designs, but at least the Super-Preds acted like Predators and they were actually practical suits.

Huggs

Huggs

Having seen alittle of upgrade in action, I kind of like them both. Beserkers would probably fare about 5% better than a classic pred against Upgrade. But his speed and power would just be too much.

I do think it's a shame that upgrade was really wasted here. Were he featured in a movie similar to the first 3, we might have gotten something really special.

The Old One

The Old One

Upgrade by a country mile, he's just the Super Predator concept but executed to be distinct beyond having an overly large head and one blade.

Naginata

Naginata

I prefer the Super Preds conceptually, because I think the inter-tribal conflict expands the mythology in an interesting way. I think the upgrade looks cooler, though; I like his almost primitive face and gigantic size.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I always kinda hated the super preds but after this I kind of don't mind them anymore. Not that there's anything wrong with upgrade. Just that it's now normal to see other predators. Amazing how they always get uglier though. :P

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 18, 2018, 03:14:22 AM
Upgrade by a country mile, he's just the Super Predator concept but executed to be distinct beyond having an overly large head and one blade.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.  ;D

The only thing that really sold me on the Beserker design was the aggressiveness.

Naginata

Naginata

I actually like how (comparatively) understated the redesign was; they just looked like a related subspecies rather than a whole different creature.

Wysps

Wysps

Super Predators for me.  It's almost like they could have been a different ethnic group in the Predator world.  They were essentially Predators with mostly cosmetic differences, unlike Upgrade and the amalgamated monstrosity he is  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

They're both monstrosities to me, only one is an improvement upon the other.

City Hunter feels as though he's a different ethnicity than Jungle Hunter.
The Berserker does not, from the exposed membranes to the bright red eyes to the head that's now at a 90 degree angle.

Russ840

Russ840

I too see the 'Super Predators' as just a different ethnicity. Where as I see city hunter and Jungle Hunter as though they were just blonde or brunette.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Super predators, by far. The design with mask is not bad, the idea, different types of hunting, dogs, falcons.. And the berserker biomask is amazing, you feel like its almost a pred.
The upgrade design put me out of the movie, i dont even feel it as a predator, it was ageneric cgi monster..

goose_3387

goose_3387

I didn't like the Upgrade design at first however I do like it now. I just wish it was a practical suit. The CGI really takes away from what makes the character really stand out.

In terms of behaviour and actions the Upgrade wins for me. The idea of him being an assassin and his actions in the movie gave him more of a personality than the Super Preds. The Super Preds felt like mindless thugs.

I do like the Berserker and Tracker design though. Going back to the practical suit thing, it makes them feel real.

Upgrade didn't have to be an 11ft monster. He could have still been a guy in a suit. For me that would have given the movie an extra tick on the list.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Upgrade is the old concept of the Super Predators but actually executed better. I've thought for a long time that the Berserkers should have been reduced to just a single Predator who went through everything the Berserkers did and survived up until the end. I'm glad they had the one guy in this. I think his exo-armour was used to good effect too and didn't come across as silly.

Design-wise, I think I prefer the the Berserkers though. All their masks are cool, particular Mr Black's. I especially loved the red colouration of him and I really liked his facial design. The Upgrade just looks a little too boring to me - but at least he wasn't the Goro Predator.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Upgrade for sure

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

And to think what if they did introduce female predators in this movie. :P

None the less the Super Predators got a status upgrade thanks to upgrade, I think. There is clearly different races of Predators although most of them appear to love hunting above all else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed