Anyone else think it's time for fox to stop with Predator and Alien?

Started by shakermakerman, Sep 16, 2018, 12:37:19 PM

Author
Anyone else think it's time for fox to stop with Predator and Alien? (Read 8,607 times)

The Old One

The Old One

He may not, but there's always potential for someone to.

EJA

I had an idea for a follow up to THE PREDATOR.

The Old One

The Old One

I believe there's a thread for discussing that, I'd like to see your take there.

EJA

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 03:50:02 PM
I believe there's a thread for discussing that, I'd like to see your take there.

Got a link??

The Old One

The Old One

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60525.msg2317241#new

Or even the thread you just created about a reboot, you could put your idea there.

EJA

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 04:10:01 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60525.msg2317241#new

Or even the thread you just created about a reboot, you could put your idea there.

Thank you.

The Old One

The Old One

No problem.

Nathsp

Scott is good for visuals, the script... For me the problem is that he doesnt have any vision about the saga, he doesnt care about the queen, the lyfecycle.. And went to a full silly crew, with 0 carisma, and endend making a movie about a android that hates humans and mess arround with black goo and redheads.. Its pure mental diharrea.
And the predator goes to the same way,  my last hope is disney.. Yes sad times.. This big predator budget was our last shoot, black screwed with stupid script and hybrids, yes it worked in jurassic world, but that doesnt mean it works here...
The killer predator suit is the signal of a end of a saga, at least for 20 years

EJA

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 16, 2018, 04:46:18 PM
Scott is good for visuals, the script... For me the problem is that he doesnt have any vision about the saga, he doesnt care about the queen, the lyfecycle.. And went to a full silly crew, with 0 carisma, and endend making a movie about a android that hates humans and mess arround with black goo and redheads.. Its pure mental diharrea.
And the predator goes to the same way,  my last hope is disney.. Yes sad times.. This big predator budget was our last shoot, black screwed with stupid script and hybrids, yes it worked in jurassic world, but that doesnt mean it works here...
The killer predator suit is the signal of a end of a saga, at least for 20 years

Hence my idea to make the Predator-Killer suit something which is perhaps more sinister for humanity than is initially believed. But then, that's just me....

bobcunk

Quote from: EJA on Sep 16, 2018, 03:28:06 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 03:25:28 PM
He does everything right, except recieve a refined script.
And make the Alien man-made.

I had an idea for a follow up, but......Nah, no point.
its is a net idea. Man creates artificial life and that creates the alien. I see like this. David is obsessed with life and creation yet he can ever reproduce, so out of his sexual frustration he creates basicly a giant penis that rapes everything. I didn't like how it wrecked the mystra of the xenomorph but as it's own story its was pretty good. I actualy think David is one of the best characters out of the franchise.

Kudzu

Alien? No. I want Ridley to finish his saga, warts and all.

Predator? Yeah, sadly. It's done. It's been done for a long, long time. It's not a premise with a viable lifespan, as much as I've wanted to believe otherwise since 1990.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Kudzu on Sep 16, 2018, 05:10:49 PM
Alien? No. I want Ridley to finish his saga, warts and all.

Predator? Yeah, sadly. It's done. It's been done for a long, long time. It's not a premise with a viable lifespan, as much as I've wanted to believe otherwise since 1990.

oh i dont agree i believe predator still got alot left in the tank, while on the other hand alien is dead.

The Old One

The Old One

You've got it backwards. Predator has nothing to explore except one creature defined by one trait.

Alien has had an entire universe since the outset.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 05:18:30 PM
You've got it backwards. Predator has nothing to explore except one creature defined by one trait.

Alien has had an entire universe since the outset.
predator can have a entire universe too look at the comics.

The Old One

The Old One

Does? No.

Can? Yes, I believe with a difficult reinterpretation, that according to box office reception of the franchise wouldn't be a worthwhile endeavour.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed