Anyone else think it's time for fox to stop with Predator and Alien?

Started by shakermakerman, Sep 16, 2018, 12:37:19 PM

Author
Anyone else think it's time for fox to stop with Predator and Alien? (Read 8,703 times)

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Went see to the Predator yesterday , wanted to really enjoy it , after a great start the film goes right off the rails . I'm 42 years old I remember seeing alien for the first time (yes I was young) on tv and then couldn't wait for the sequel Aliens to come out . I always went round a friend's house who's brother had all the magazines I used to flick through ( fangoria magazine was 1) . Anyway since Alien3 and predator 2 it's seems that every attempt to revamp both franchises have fallen flat. And every time it seem to destroy both franchises Legacy. After the Alien prequels now I feel they should have left the space jockeys alone let alone that it was David that created the Aliens... I'm not going to say much about The Predator as folk need to see it . But as  Big fan of both Alien and Predator I think it's time to leave both alone because brick by brick with every instalment the legacy of both are being ruined . I want both to work and do well let's face it they are failing ..

whiterabbit

No I really want that 3rd Alien prequel movie... kinda also want that AVP3 movie as well. However they really screwed the pooch on Predator. For me this is as bad as AVPr. So I think they should think about it and perhaps it'd be best to try again another day.... say 4-5 years from now. But it'll probably be another 10 freaking years till we see another movie from either franchise.

The Old One

The Old One

No.

shakermakerman

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 16, 2018, 12:49:02 PM
No I really want that 3rd Alien prequel movie... kinda also want that AVP3 movie as well. However they really screwed the pooch on Predator. For me this is as bad as AVPr. So I think they should think about it and perhaps it'd be best to try again another day.... say 4-5 years from now. But it'll probably be another 10 freaking years till we see another movie from either franchise.
alien prequel 3 needs to be done can't leave it like that I agree

Fugitive Predator

never but this wont be on fox anymore it will be up to disney.

EJA

The studio has nothing worthwhile to offer the story. Time to say goodbye, I say/

The Old One

The Old One

No.

There's still quite enough.
Especially where Alien is concerned IMO.

EJA

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 03:16:15 PM
No.

There's still quite enough.
Especially where Alien is concerned IMO.

Except Ridley can't do anything right.

The Old One

The Old One

He does everything right, except recieve a refined script.

Never say no to Panda!

I guess there would be many stories to tell, but once again they showed us that they simply can't handle it.
This movie was pretty bad and very, VERY dumb, the only thing i liked were two or three characters/moment. The comedy, action scenes and some parts of the soundtrack reminded me of the MCU. I'm not even sure, if it's better than AvP2.

Why not simply hire a GOOD director/team and try a different setting? Colonial Marines maybe or another planet or whatever...or at least spend more money and talent on the script. Though, i guess they don't want to risk too much money so won't happen. This movie was sooo dumb. I would've never watched it, if there were no Predators in it.

I'd like to see another angle on the Alien Franchise and MAYBE a sequel to Covenant - i highly doubt it would be good, but at least it had a few good moments - just finish the whole thing. AvP and Predator? Something is better than nothing i guess, but in this case there is really no hurry.

EJA

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 03:25:28 PM
He does everything right, except recieve a refined script.
And make the Alien man-made.

I had an idea for a follow up, but......Nah, no point.

The Old One

The Old One

An Artificial intelligence is not a man.

I can appreciate R.S' POV although I disagree.

EJA

Ridley will get another movie....and another....and another....

The Old One

The Old One

Good for him, I'm glad to hear this insider info.
He deserves it.

EJA

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 03:35:14 PM
Good for him, I'm glad to hear this insider info.
He deserves it.

As long as he gets rid of David being the creator of the Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed