The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,588 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Axe on Nov 13, 2018, 01:16:28 PM
I don't know.
Predators are not certainly about being good looking or trendy, and so a space suit doesn't work in my mind.

My sentiments exactly.

The one thing I love about Predators is their tribal ascetic and that their bleeding edge technology incorporates an ancient design which does not emulate the human equivalent of high-tech i.e. smooth and shiny metalic surfaces.

That's why I prefer the Predator ship interior in "Predator 2" and thoroughly reject the ship used in AvP.

Wysps

Well, I can't imagine Predators don't have some sort of coverall space suit that they use when they're travelling. Almost every other media has showed them in a suit, so I wouldn't exactly be 'offended' if it made it to the films.  But not necessary in my opinion.  Have to admit though, these are somewhat unimaginative (save for the Doom Slayer chest piece :laugh:). 

I don't know.
Predators are not certainly about being good looking or trendy, and so a space suit doesn't work in my mind.

Neither we've ever seen a predator wearing one. From my point of view it would not add anything good to him apart criticism. Does they even need it in a..what..5th film?
The focus must be his lust for blood, the restless hunting of his pray (and playing with her), his ruthelsness. Make predator scary again!
A bunch of guys trying to outjoke each other with some predator on steroids running around is not what people desires. Well..sorry for going OT but I had to say it, again. :)
Right on.

Huggs

Are you people insinuating that Jungle Hunter and his fishnets were unfashionable?

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 13, 2018, 03:17:23 PM
Are you people insinuating that Jungle Hunter and his fishnets were unfashionable?

Blasphemy !

Voodoo Magic

You can never go wrong with armor and fishnet!

Wysps

A Predator without his fishnets would be an outrage!

It's funny how most descriptions of the Predator fishnets describe it as being used for warmth.  Not that I doubt that's their intended purpose, but seriously, how much "warmth" can those things add?  There are giant holes all over the place!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Nov 13, 2018, 04:21:17 PM
A Predator without his fishnets would be an outrage!

It's funny how most descriptions of the Predator fishnets describe it as being used for warmth.  Not that I doubt that's their intended purpose, but seriously, how much "warmth" can those things add?  There are giant holes all over the place!

I think it make sense if they function like an automobile backglass, rear-windshield/windscreen defroster/defogger, where the netting is made of resistive conductors and when power is applied, the conductors heat up.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Jeezus, more trash from what was already a trashy movie. This truly could have been a lot worse.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 13, 2018, 02:03:16 PM
I don't know.

My sentiments exactly.

The one thing I love about Predators is their tribal ascetic and that their bleeding edge technology incorporates an ancient design which does not emulate the human equivalent of high-tech i.e. smooth and shiny metalic surfaces.

That's why I prefer the Predator ship interior in "Predator 2" and thoroughly reject the ship used in AvP.

This right here. He gets it, everything after predator 2  has been a design disaster. Especially the iron-man Pred design we just got. There is zero imagination in it. Just an amalgamation of marvel and video game crap that someone adores. No consideration for what came before and what's been established in the true canon of the first two
films. 

skull-splitter

Another generic nope. Most creature and suit effects these days lack personality, regardless how well designed and executed they are. The brief was to be fresh, the execution came to be different by omitting what predators where about in terms of character design.

XenoHunter99

Hicks posts concept art, forum people take a dump on the art, artist retracts art.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Nov 16, 2018, 01:30:46 PM
Hicks posts concept art, forum people take a dump on the art, artist retracts art.

Well that's unfortunate. He's a very good artist.

Wysps

Surely that can't be the reason why  :-\

skull-splitter

Quote from: Wysps on Nov 16, 2018, 03:54:53 PM
Surely that can't be the reason why  :-\
Wasn't it just one piece he retracted?

XenoHunter99

I don't know for fact that comments here caused the retraction, but the timing made it seem that way.

Corporal Hicks

It was just the spacesuit stuff. It's not due to comments.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed