Shane Black on possibility of an Alien Vs Predator (3). Also in THE PREDATOR

Started by AVP-CAPCOM, Sep 14, 2018, 02:32:29 PM

Author
Shane Black on possibility of an Alien Vs Predator (3). Also in THE PREDATOR (Read 1,616 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Apologies if this has been linked before. But this screen rant article on Shane Black referencing AVP in a July 24th 2018 article for screen rant.

https://screenrant.com/predator-2018-alien-easter-eggs-references/

The Predator Won't Feature Any Alien References

"The Predator recently went back for three weeks' worth of reshoots, which will completely retool the original climax and feature new demises for some characters. There were also reports these reshoots also added some Easter egg to previous movies, including a spear from Alien Vs Predator. While this nod may exist in the movie, director Shane Black revealed during The Predator's San Diego Comic-Con panel that his film won't have any direct ties to the Alien series."

But Shane Black also said.

"Black also teased the Alien Vs Predator spinoffs may not be totally gone, stating 'I don't think AvP is dead, do you?'"

So its official. Regardless of the confirmed appearance of Lex's Xenomorph Tail Spear prop Shane Black says this does not confirm a link to Xenomorphs or the ALIEN series.

But his closing comments suggest he left it open and there was a line "predator appearances seem to be increasing rapidly and more frequently" suggest they weren't just addressing PREDATOR 1 & 2 in THE PREDATOR movie.

Corporal Hicks

If anything I'm just glad they're not trashing the concept. I still believe it has legs left in it if they'd just do it closer to the comics or the games and none of this modern day Earth stuff.

The Old One

The Old One

Base it on/influenced by Monolith's AVP and I'm on board.

Fleshwound

I really, really want them to make an AVP movie that isn't set in modern times. It should be in the future. On some other planet much like the comics and books and games have done. I doubt it will happen but if it did, I'm sure they would find a way to throw in a stupid plot point that screws it up. Maybe after Disney takes over it can be placed in better hands.

Wysps

AvP really should take place in the future.  I don't ever remember reading a comic that wasn't set in the future, and the comics are what the majority of the series is comprised of and how it began.  It probably would be cost prohibitive to take the risk and set it in the future, but I feel like if they go the route of another present day movie it will be bound to fail.

Huggs

Quote from: Fleshwound on Sep 17, 2018, 08:46:58 PM
I really, really want them to make an AVP movie that isn't set in modern times. It should be in the future. On some other planet much like the comics and books and games have done.

If they can make earth look like Mars and a zillion other planets we've seen on film, then they can bring Ryushi to life here.

EJA

I have to admit, it was cool seeing the spear from AVP. Nice to see those movies acknowledged in some way.

Kailem

Kailem

I've never had a problem with the "modern day Earth" setting for AVP stories, be they movies, comics, games or whatever, especially since that's been the setting for almost every Predator movie so far. I never much cared for the whole "ancient temple" angle of the first film though. At least AVP:R was set in a recognisable modern day Earth, though frankly even if you hated that particular aspect of the film you have to admit it was the least of its problems. :laugh: But obviously an AVP movie set in the future would be cool, since as you say that's where the majority of comic and games have taken place.

At this point though I just wonder if they ever would or could justify the sort of budget they'd need to properly realise that concept on-screen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed