The Predator Home Releases

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 12, 2018, 09:03:19 AM

Author
The Predator Home Releases (Read 68,976 times)

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

I enjoyed it, saw it twice in the theater and the bluray 4k version last night,  there , I said it! Haha ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I will even be purchasing a second copy if I can find a region 3D disc on the secondary market.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 24, 2018, 06:27:53 PM
I will even be purchasing a second copy if I can find a region 3D disc on the secondary market.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I liked parts of it very much. Mainly the fugutive killing everyone in the lab.
I did not care for the kid or the lead actor very much or olivia munn knowing everything over and over out loud.
I would have had more of the loonies killing other people to survive instead of going after the fugitive predator.
The sniper who got his arm blown off just kind of dissapears after shooting a flare.

Also they wasted use of a great parcore athelete by not having him do cool flips or atleast more then running and walking.
I was really looking forward to seeing him show off his moves in a predator outfit.
I think the predator actor was the best part.

Predwars24

Predwars24

I don't hate the film, just wished they didn't mess with the lore.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I think a bluray are region free, arnt they? I bought a europeon lion king and it works fine.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 24, 2018, 04:59:28 PM
I don't hate it. It's entertaining in parts. Does that count?
I felt the same with avpr, I didn't like the that much as a whole but liked all the scenes with wolf. I'd like to see more predator scenes with them talking and interacting with each other. In the original he was just the monster but now I'd like to see more predator characters.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 12:56:43 AM
Quote from: D88M on Dec 24, 2018, 12:46:48 AM
I dont trust any review that does not automatically say that this is one of the worst movies of the year.

I don't trust any reviews, other than those done by AVPGalaxy. Even then, I still have to see for myself.

Everyone should always be allowed to make up their own mind.

Ahsoka

Ahsoka

No good extras, no buy.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: bobcunk on Dec 25, 2018, 04:46:35 PM
I think a bluray are region free, arnt they? I bought a europeon lion king and it works fine.

Not always. Case in point I couldn't purchase the Zavvi UK disc of "Terminator 2: 3D" because it was region specific, so I ultimately purchased a Russian copy.

Why a 3D disc was never released in the US while the whole point of T2's theatrical re-release was its 3D conversion, is beyond me.

SiL

SiL

Blu Rays have regions, but much fewer than DVDs did. I think there's only A B and C for BR regions.

The Old One

The Old One

Acquire a Region-Free Blu-ray Player.
Solved.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 27, 2018, 12:51:10 AM
Acquire a Region-Free Blu-ray Player.
Solved.

3D players are a whole different type of blu-ray animal. Just like standard blu-ray players can't run 4K discs, standard blu-ray players can't run 3D discs either.

But considering the 3D format is all but dead in the US, I definitely would like to avoid locating and purchasing a region-free 3D Blu-ray player when the format is already on life-support (which definitely saddens me since I'm a fan of the format. :'()

The Old One

The Old One

I think you're best giving up
on the format then.

4K's 3D's replacement.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I own precisely one 3D blu-ray, and that's only because the unrated cut of The Wolverine was only available in that set. And it's not even on the 3D disc. :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 27, 2018, 01:26:36 AM
I think you're best giving up
on the format then.

4K's 3D's replacement.

But 4K and 3D are really Apples and Oranges. One is just an improvement in clarity and resolution and the latter is more emmersive with its illusion of depth perception

I must tell you though, there is no substitute for watching a well made 3D film on a flat HD screen at home. Of course it puts low lit badly 3D converted theaters to shame, but it even bests IMAX Theaters. The crisp 3D adds so much, I don't believe I could watch "Avatar" or "Guardians of the Galaxy" the 2D way again.  The wonder is real.  :)

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 27, 2018, 01:30:08 AM
I own precisely one 3D blu-ray, and that's only because the unrated cut of The Wolverine was only available in that set. And it's not even on the 3D disc. :laugh:

Yep, the 3D version is a separate disc.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed