The Predator Home Releases

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 12, 2018, 09:03:19 AM

Author
The Predator Home Releases (Read 68,913 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 27, 2018, 12:56:14 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Nov 27, 2018, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 25, 2018, 07:41:59 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Nov 25, 2018, 07:24:07 PM
I've done a bit of research and it seems that if anyone is after it in 3D (like I am) you're going to have to look for a Scandinavian import. According to blu-ray.com, it's only out in 3D in Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Yay  :-\

*Raises hand* I am a proud owner of a 3D television (and thought the 3D conversion of "Predator" was great by the way).

Do you know if the Finland, Denmark, Sweden or Norway release will be Region Free?

Won't know for sure until it's released. I'm UK so Region B is fine for me. With Fox releases, it's hit or miss as to whether they bother to region code them or not.

I believe 3D is still very popular in China so we're also likely to get a Region Free released from there.
It's possible. Blu-ray.com only lists Scandinavian releases, though

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3534979/predator-deleted-scene-exclusive/

I dunno if it's regionally blocked or just blocked but that's hilarious. Can anyone else get on?

A preview of the Predator Evolution feature.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/27/predator-fx/

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

QuoteI dunno if it's regionally blocked or just blocked but that's hilarious. Can anyone else get on? 

Nope. In the U.S. and have the same problem.  :-\

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah its saying its blocked because its the property of FOX.

Predalien39

Predalien39

Those clay models just on the still on that video are way better than the final product.  Actually makes me with ADI got to do the whole concept, and the armor wasn't pawned off an another company.

The Old One

The Old One

The Predator hound there also has those "thorns" the hounds had in "Predators"
it almost looks like a different breed of the same creature.
& It doesn't have dreadlocks, so that's a plus- the Upgrade seems to have Freddy Krueger hands though.
But the Wristblades he's adorned with are very much the aesthetic of the original Predator.

Still Collating...

Yeah, I'm liking ADi's hound better and their sketches of the scientist predators are cool. I think they might have done a better job design wise if their were let to do the whole thing.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Whoever ruined the third act of this movie by complaining about  it being to funny..forced reshoots... I do not think you are worthy of being a judge for fox. I really would have liked to have scene the real movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm leaning towards Fox saved the movie from being a total disaster, and a devastating blow to the Predator lore,  to be honest.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

This should have been in the book, but likely got omited when the whole subplot was dropped...

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 28, 2018, 11:11:44 AM
Yeah its saying its blocked because its the property of FOX.
I just get a blank screen. It works if you download the video. Just use a download site or app.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/3136dqc.jpg

http://oi63.tinypic.com/10ni3hj.jpg

Enjoy

Enjoy

They threw a ton of cash and gave four years to make the movie then threw the breaks on after lift off ? And overshadowed the release with a sex criminal stroy. Wtf i am certain fox hates all of us. Fox is not saving anything
The whole thing screams cluelessness or not caring or not getting it ?
these movies need stan winston legend studios or it is just a knock  off . ...

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Enjoy on Nov 29, 2018, 06:16:03 AM
They threw a ton of cash and gave four years to make the movie then threw the breaks on after lift off ? And overshadowed the release with a sex criminal stroy. Wtf i am certain fox hates all of us. Fox is not saving anything
The whole thing screams cluelessness or not caring or not getting it ?
these movies need stan winston legend studios or it is just a knock  off . ...
I had no problem with the designs. I think the movie would have been the same no matter who did the creature effects.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: skull-splitter on Nov 29, 2018, 12:26:48 AM
This should have been in the book, but likely got omited when the whole subplot was dropped...

Yeah, I'm really disappointed by the lack of coverage of this particular part of the behind-the-scenes too. Hopefully ADI'll have some good videos up on the subject.

Enjoy

Enjoy

stan winston's designs are atleast twice as good as anything since his work on the predator. Everything not made by him and his studio is just an imitation of a great design. The last time i saw a proper predator was the elder at the end of p2. All down hill from then on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed