The Predator Home Releases

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 12, 2018, 09:03:19 AM

Author
The Predator Home Releases (Read 68,890 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 31, 2018, 08:59:18 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 31, 2018, 08:27:31 PM
Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Oct 31, 2018, 08:10:59 PM
Quote from: Keyes on Oct 30, 2018, 05:03:48 PM
UK release info just uploaded to Facebook:

I was kind of guessing the UK release would be a January 2019 release and the November 2018 USA digital release would be jumping the shark.

I hate to say it but.............this will be a torrential rain release for me..... :'(

Well at least I bought a full priced cinema ticket, so I've done my part.

When supporting a franchise, purchasing a cinema ticket but bootlegging a home video copy is not fully doing one's part in my opinion.

And here I thought it was a joke about the weather in England or something.  :D

As for "doing one's part", I think that is definitely subjective. Calling out problems and mistakes in a civil/respectful fashion is also doing one's part. Like when some people say you have to support your favorite sports team, even when they lose constantly, or you're not a true fan. I disagree with that notion. You locate the problem, and either remove it and/or press for change. That's how things improve.

So I did my part by not buying a ticket. I simply couldn't and wouldn't support the nutty approach this movie took with the franchise.

I agree with this sentiment... i.e. avoiding this release in it's entirety to make a statement both theatrically and on home video.

However when one suggests they have "done their part" by purchasing a ticket, in essense financially supporting said movie, while the other hand plans to illegally download a copy to view at home, i.e. not financially supporting its home release, it's ultimately a half-measure, a mixed signal, a way to self legitimize a reason to illegally download a copy for home viewing and save some money.

But either way, you probably can see, I personally do not support the illegal downloads of films.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 31, 2018, 09:22:44 PM
I agree with this sentiment... i.e. avoiding this release in it's entirety to make a statement both theatrically and on home video.

However when one suggests they have "done their part" by purchasing a ticket, in essense financially supporting said movie, while the other hand plans to illegally download a copy to view at home, i.e. not financially supporting its home release, it's ultimately a half-measure, a mixed signal, a way to self legitimize a reason to illegally download a copy for home viewing and save some money.

But either way, you probably can see, I personally do not support the illegal downloads of films.

Indeed quite so. This was a communications error on my part. I leaped from one thought, straight into another, without effectively bridging the gap.

Allow me to elaborate. My statement about what constituted "doing one's part" was not a defense of anyone or any activity, and certainly not a defense of illegal acts. It was merely an examination of what I believe "doing one's part" constitutes, in regards to supporting the theatrical run of the film. That it is a subjective process.

In other words, some may choose to support the film at release, others may not, and yet both may think they've done what's in the best interest of the franchise. It was merely a rebuttal to the idea that supporting this questionable movie in the theater was indeed, "doing one's part". That there was, in fact, no single correct answer to that notion.

As for illegal downloading, no, I don't support that. Never have, never will. It's theft, and theft is low business.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 31, 2018, 09:34:34 PM
.mIn other words, some may choose to support the film at release, others may not, and yet both may think they've done what's in the best interest of the franchise. It was merely a rebuttal to the idea that supporting this questionable movie in the theater was indeed, "doing one's part".

I 100% agree with you that it's subjective and supporting a film, or not supporting a film in protest, can both be fairly categorized as "doing one's part".  True, taking either position can have its own share of foreseeable backfires, but both can be classified that way nevertheless.

My commentary was only qualified to a specific position already taken, not to proclaim there is one position to take.  At least, that is the way it was intended.  As anything I say, I probably could use a few edits for clarification sake.  Cheers!  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And just a reminder, we don't support that kind of thing here. Discussion of it is also not allowed.

Huggs

Huggs

Bluray.com now has it on the front page for December 18th U.S.

Jesscobb

Jesscobb

Honestly can't believe ,anyone would want to buy it. Worst movie,this year. Side note Halloween was good.

Really

Really

Halloween was weak. Don't see what all the hype is about. I do agree that the predator was such trash I don't see even hardcore fans like myself justifying a purchase. And I own both avps. Shane and fred should retire from screen writing. This was just a huge slap in the face.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 05, 2018, 06:17:21 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Also be sure to pick up the DVD .  Supposedly they are putting the Emissary cut scenes in the Bonus Features. 😘</p>— kyle strauts (@geno604) <a href="https://twitter.com/geno604/status/1059287967728955392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh sweet

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Let's hope he's right!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Looks like there won't be any emissary scenes.

They include:

- Traeger meets McKenna
- Lynch goes shopping
- Inspection of the house
- bloopers

Maybe there will be other stuff, my source tells me that's it though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

booooo

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 07, 2018, 10:32:07 AM
Looks like there won't be any emissary scenes.

They include:

- Traeger meets McKenna
- Lynch goes shopping
- Inspection of the house
- bloopers

Maybe there will be other stuff, my source tells me that's it though.

That sucks but not unexpected.

Just an FYI - negative comments are welcome. Being a dick isn't.

I imagination Lynch goes shopping might be him winning the Winnebago.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 07, 2018, 12:03:44 PM

Just an FYI - negative comments are welcome. Being a dick isn't.

If thats me. Sorry, i was booing the studio more than anything

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed