Shane Black Talks The Predator's Third Act Revisions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 11, 2018, 02:32:37 PM

Author
Shane Black Talks The Predator's Third Act Revisions (Read 20,553 times)

Whiskeybrewer

I always had an idea for a Predator movie that opened in the Desert.

I really want to see all the stuff that was cut now and Ive noticed that the trailers still feature scenes from the original third act

whiterabbit

So Shane Black is glad the making of The Predator is over... oh man that's that last thing I wanted to hear. This movie now has Alien³ all over it.

SiL

Most directors are glad when they're done making a movie even on a good shoot :P

SyntaX

Quote from: SiL on Sep 13, 2018, 11:30:38 AM
Most directors are glad when they're done making a movie even on a good shoot :P

Not all of 'em SiL.
Most of them are exhausted, yet had a great colaboration with the studio/actors.

This just reeks of FOX meddling with the movie Shane tried to make.

SiL

Did I say all of them ???

SyntaX

Quote from: SiL on Sep 13, 2018, 11:56:45 AM
Did I say all of them ???

Eh, calm down.

"Most directors"
or
"Not all of 'em"

:(

whiterabbit

Oh god no, now why is The Predator's box office being compared to Terminator Genisys and The Mummy for; of all the bad things to be compared too. :P

ttttt

Is true but The  Predator es a small movie with freedoom (Logan,Kingsman,Deadpools....) And reshoots are his fault .Black want reshoots no Fox.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 13, 2018, 11:28:46 AM
So Shane Black is glad the making of The Predator is over... oh man that's that last thing I wanted to hear. This movie now has Alien³ all over it.

I have my doubts. At least Alien 3 took itself seriously and still fits well within the lore and spirit of the franchise. This movie has Jeepers Creepers 3 written all over it. The bad dialogue, cheesy effects, crazy predator abilities, like the creeper's "seeker mines" etc. I keep expecting to see a tv spot for this movie featuring someone saying "what happened here, happened before!".  ;) Oh, and there was a sexual predator involved in that one too. Just sayin. The similarities are uncanny.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 14, 2018, 04:25:04 AMI have my doubts. At least Alien 3 took itself seriously and still fits well within the lore and spirit of the franchise. This movie has Jeepers Creepers 3 written all over it. The bad dialogue, cheesy effects, crazy predator abilities, like the creeper's "seeker mines" etc.

The dialogue, most of it anyway, is class. The effects are uniformly decent. The Predators don't really display any "crazy new abilities". The only moment where the film really jumps outside the box is in the final two minutes.

People are really blowing the comedy thing out of proportion. Yes there's lots of funny lines in it, but there were lots of funny lines in Lethal Weapon and The Nice Guys, and they're still really dark, serious movies at heart. Plus the previous Predator films, the first two anyway, had plenty of comedic dialogue in them.

As for the reshoots, having watching the film, it felt like far more than the final act had been fiddled with. The film was littered with scenes that felt like they'd been edited in post. I really got the overriding impression it was a movie that had been majorly trimmed for time, like the studio panicked and had it cut down to maximise the number of times they could show it in a day. It's a story we've heard plenty of times before, and how often has it turned out for the best?

The Old One

The Old One

Absolutely 100% Agreed, you're on the money.

The whole film was clearly tampered with and certain elements recontextualised or reshot to fit.

SyntaX

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 14, 2018, 07:50:06 AM
Absolutely 100% Agreed, you're on the money.

The whole film was clearly tampered with and certain elements recontextualised or reshot to fit.

The first and third act got significantly changed.
The third act didn't include a suit of armor for us humans ... hell, it wasn't even supposed to be shown.

You all saw the dip in CGI quality ...

Russ840

I think of you remove the very last scene and edit the movie for some more length to do away with the chopped up feel, there is a great movie.

I think I like this more than Predators, which I am actually a fan of.

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Just as I thought.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed