The Making of Alien: Resurrection - The Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 10, 2018, 09:52:21 AM

Author
The Making of Alien: Resurrection - The Game (Read 10,261 times)

Corporal Hicks

You play it on PS2, I can confirm that.

Mr. Clemens

I remember the trailer for this game was on the first-ever widescreen VHS releases of movies 1, 2, and 3 here in N. America. How I salivated over that trailer! By the time the game was ultimately released, I'd already gotten a PC and AvP '99, and it just couldn't measure up.

SiL

The facehugger/chestburster mechanic in the game remains one of the best applications in the series. I'm actually kind of surprised nobody else bothered with it.

Predalien39

I remember waiting so long for this to come out, and I remember the initial summary of this game back when it was supposed to be 3rd person.  It would have been amazing, to me, if they had made it work more like a Resident Evil game like they were originally intending to.
By the time it came it out, it was WAY too late, and the level design sucked...it was just the same corridors over and over.
If you look at the original screenshots from the scrapped game, you see there was such a vastly different level design. 
Its too bad.

Shimmering Canopy

all ps1 games work in ps2. the ps mouse however, doesn't. its the only reason i still keep my ps1. for alien resurrection, and the ps1 port of the original xcom

SM

You do need a PS1 memory card for A:R to work on a PS2  And you can't use Component video - only RCA.

Corporal Hicks

I'm running mine off a HDMI converter and that's fine.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: SiL on Sep 11, 2018, 03:56:15 AM
The facehugger/chestburster mechanic in the game remains one of the best applications in the series. I'm actually kind of surprised nobody else bothered with it.

The ability to "abort" a chestburster providing you could find the "portable autodoc" was a fair gameplay balance feature.

Plus the "scan HUD" was so cool and reminded me of something out of ALIEN 3's escape pod, medical unit scene.

Wweyland

I strongly recommend using a mouse with the game. The regular Windows mouse will work on the ePSXe emulator, although it took some time to configure it. You can basically configure the game to use your regular FPS keyboard mapping.

The Cruentus

I never played this game so I am not sure how much of the plot is the same as the movie but if it is relatively the same and humans were kidnapped and used as hosts just like in the movie, did the scientists use the the portable medic thing to remove the chestburster from them or were they left to die painfullly like in the movie?
Or is it merely a game mechanic that has no bearing on the plot of the game?

Wweyland

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 11, 2018, 11:03:43 AM

I never played this game so I am not sure how much of the plot is the same as the movie but if it is relatively the same and humans were kidnapped and used as hosts just like in the movie, did the scientists use the the portable medic thing to remove the chestburster from them or were they left to die painfullly like in the movie?
Or is it merely a game mechanic that has no bearing on the plot of the game?
It is a game mechanic to give you a chance to stay alive and the plot of the game is minimal.
There are some interesting differences to the movie like you encounter Purvis in the middle of the game and he chestbursts 2 minutes later.
Perez is a mid-game boss in the gymnasium that is really hard to take down.
You encounter hundreds of drones in the game but only about 3 warriors. They are not even bosses, they just pop up randomly.

SiL

In the game if you get face hugged you get impregnated with an Alien. Portable autodocs allow you to remove the Alien embryo. If you don't, eventually the Alien will be born and you'll die.

Almost every other game just makes huggers a QuickTime button mashing event, more annoying than anything.

Wweyland

Quote from: SiL on Sep 11, 2018, 12:44:54 PM
In the game if you get face hugged you get impregnated with an Alien. Portable autodocs allow you to remove the Alien embryo. If you don't, eventually the Alien will be born and you'll die.

Almost every other game just makes huggers a QuickTime button mashing event, more annoying than anything.
The two first AvP games don't and it's quite terrifying. You die instantly.
I think the first AvP game handles it the best, with the SCREEEEE sound.

SiL

Atari Jaguar AvP,  Alien Trilogy and a lot of others just make you wiggle the thing off (or AT has it get on your face when your health is sufficiently low, been a while).

jimbob30

jimbob30

never got into this game played most of the others except the first avp game played the second on a friends pc and enjoyed it but all other games have been on console.still cant get over what gearbox did anyway hopefully we get new info soon on what foxnext and coldiron are doing any info would be nice

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed