Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 10, 2018, 05:38:04 AM

Author
Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way (Read 59,393 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2019, 11:31:23 AM
It's looking like we'll also have an opportunity to interview Memory's director, Alexandre O. Philippe!  :) You know the drill, any questions, get them across.

What was the process of getting the documentary off the ground like? How did you go about approaching the O'Bannon and Giger families and 20th Century Fox?

Did you consult Charles de Lauzirika's The Beast Within: The Making of Alien at all? What differentiates Memory from Lauzirika's doc?

Is there a wider theatrical release planned after Memory makes its festival debut? How about a physical home media release?

Was Ridley Scott consulted with/spoken to at all as part of the production of Memory, or does the doc exclusively focus on O'Bannon and Giger's contributions?

Any other questions I have would probably delve too much into "spoiler" territory; regardless, can't wait for this doc!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2019, 11:31:23 AM
It's looking like we'll also have an opportunity to interview Memory's director, Alexandre O. Philippe!  :) You know the drill, any questions, get them across.

Nice, RidgeTop I assume? Nightmare pretty much covered it above, some good questions there.

Nightmare Asylum

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop is going 27th so we'll have our own review (and interview) after that.

I'm looking forward to seeing some impressions or reviews tonight, though!

Necronomicon II

Corporal Hicks

Via RidgeTop

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/01/25/sundance-review-memory-the-origins-of-alien-is-at-least-wackier-than-your-a
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/01/memory-the-origins-of-alien-review-sundance-1202036731/
https://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3543334/sundance-review-memory-origins-alien-takes-us-inside-chestburster-scene/

SiL

Dissapointing, but not surprising.

Necronomicon II

Sounds like it makes some unnecessary digressions, ah well, still keen to give it a watch.

SloptoYouSLOPTOYOU

SloptoYouSLOPTOYOU

Stoned Chestburster with eyes should be a reaction image.

LtJesseRipley

Necronomicon II

Question for Alexandre O. Philippe -

In regards to Covenant's chestburster, it seems that Scott's intention there was a subversion of the original chestburster; presenting the creature as a thing of beauty not something to be feared or reviled, what are your thoughts on that?

Mr. Clemens

Funny that the chestburster is right there on the 1971 cover page, when Ron Shusett said he gave Dan the idea much later.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jan 27, 2019, 11:51:34 AM
Question for Alexandre O. Philippe -

In regards to Covenant's chestburster, it seems that Scott's intention there was a subversion of the original chestburster; presenting the creature as a thing of beauty not something to be feared or reviled, what are your thoughts on that?

The reasoning behind it was a lot more superficial than that:

Quote from: Ridley Scott, 'Alien Covenant' Official Collector's Magazine
How do I make it better than that? I felt it had to be more of a creature with arms and legs.

The posing and choreography was presenting it as a miracle-of-life thing, from David 8's perspective, but the thought behind changing the design was a relatively shallow one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed