Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 10, 2018, 05:38:04 AM

Author
Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way (Read 59,297 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: locusta on Jan 10, 2019, 05:03:28 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 10, 2019, 12:00:46 PM
Cool.  I could own this.

I wish that Giger documentary that came out recently was available for purchase as well with English sub-titles..

Do You mean the documentary "Dark Star"? Should that not be with Engl subs? Or is there any other docu? Thanks.

Indeed, I do mean Dark Star.  To this date, I don't know how I can watch this in Canada.

Local Trouble

Elmazalman

Quote from: Richman678 on Jan 11, 2019, 02:06:23 AM
I cant think of what else they found that wasn't in the special features already included in the Anthology collection.
I don't believe we've seen everything. The amount of footage that was filmed - there must be more stuff unreleased.

AlienDestroysPredator

All i have to say is that this better get released on either DVD or Bluray. If all they do is a 4k release then i'm not gonna bother with it.

In the past 3 years i have finally bought a blu-ray player and got rid of my dvd collection of over 600 movies and repurchased ALL OF THEM on blu-ray. I am not switching to yet another damn format. And digital downloads have never appealed to me. I refuse to support non-physical media.

It would be such a shame too because this is exactly the type of thing i would love to watch and spend money on but only if its the right format.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 11, 2019, 05:59:54 AM
I cant think of what else they found that wasn't in the special features already included in the Anthology collection.
I don't believe we've seen everything. The amount of footage that was filmed - there must be more stuff unreleased.

The announcement specifically mentions O'Bannon's archives being accessed for the first time. I don't think this whole Memory thing is something I know of. If it is, I can't remember it.

SiL

Memory was referenced in basically any story about the genesis of the script. O'Bannon mentions it. But it's never been released.

Corporal Hicks

I really can't recall it in the slightest. I'm just a bad fan.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2019, 08:13:02 AM

The announcement specifically mentions O'Bannon's archives being accessed for the first time. I don't think this whole Memory thing is something I know of. If it is, I can't remember it.
I would like to see more from Giger's archives - specifically, behind-the-scenes footage. Who knows how much film footage there is that didn't make the final edit for Giger's Alien?

I don't recall seeing any behind-the-scenes footage from the deleted cocoon scene in the Giger's Alien documentary, yet footage (of the crouched Brett egg figure with the missing eyeball & dressing the cocoon set) turned up as clips in The Beast Within: The Making of ALIEN Documentary.

The Brett egg and set dressing footage look very much like Giger / Mia filmed outtakes from the Giger's Alien documentary. 

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2019, 08:13:02 AM

It's well known. It's just that nobody has ever seen it. It's meant to only be 30 pages long, and takes us down to the alien planet and no further. The most interesting thing about it will be: what changed between Memory and the first draft of Alien? Character names, dialogue, anything?

There's one archive in particular I talked to you about that I'd love to crack open.

Corporal Hicks

I am just not with it today. Bad fan alert.

RidgeTop

Non watermarked version of the poster for those who want it.

426Buddy

I really cant wait for this.

RidgeTop

Got my tickets, I'll be seeing it.

Corporal Hicks

It's looking like we'll also have an opportunity to interview Memory's director, Alexandre O. Philippe!  :) You know the drill, any questions, get them across.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed