Any word on the Strause bros?

Started by Nostromo, Sep 10, 2018, 03:19:12 AM

Author
Any word on the Strause bros? (Read 6,323 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I was actually looking at top posters the other day and more than half are banned, so definitely missed something.

Whether it was pleasant or not is another story.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 06, 2018, 11:41:10 PM
Not with Sil if I remember. You can still see the posts on the AVPR speculation archive. Here is Colin: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=257.

I wish Colin would have listened more to the people here, the movie would have a better reception if he had changed even a few things while there was still time.

His writing style is more single sentence tweets and shut-downs than actually engaging with AVP-GALAXY posters there.

I skimmed and yes it is true movie making is way harder than people realize. Do a community College (USA) or Level 3 course in Media and Video Production to see how tedious and meticulous it can be. This gets lost when you have one idea but your staff on set have others.

As I keep saying just watch "the making of ALIEN 3" (the 2003 DVD) to see what a clusterf**k movie making can be.

It just seems to dog the ALIEN series more than any other movie franchise. Quite frustrating really.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 07, 2018, 03:12:42 AM
I was actually looking at top posters the other day and more than half are banned, so definitely missed something.

Whether it was pleasant or not is another story.
I think there were several attempted good old fashion coops that were squashed to death through nuclear means. The last one and only one I witnessed was more of a whimper. A few casualties and I'm pretty sure one death. It's not even funny how many depressed folks we have here.

The Old One

The Old One

Sometimes "coops" can be an appropriate response, depending upon the circumstances.

But I doubt anyone here did anything really to warrant it, as sexism, racism and the-like clearly aren't tolerated on AVPG.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The one I saw wasn't anything like that and it was explained to me, just because you talk a lot dosen't mean you get to dictate policy on the site. In the end several other sites were born. Pretty boring actually.

The Old One

The Old One

Explained to you by who?

The people who did the banning? Not to say they're wrong, but that's a biased narrative.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Actually from the side that got banned. :P Then in 3rd person by the other side; as in reading it on the forum. For some reason I do save the rants, if possible. It's amazing how people get overzealous about things as silly as make believe entertainment.

Then again that's probably why I can like something like AVPr, while others will get ill over it.

The Old One

The Old One

I can't tolerate "AVPR" so, I understand.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed