The *SPOILER* discussion thread, ending SPOILERS ahoy.

Started by The Shuriken, Sep 09, 2018, 09:44:56 PM

Author
The *SPOILER* discussion thread, ending SPOILERS ahoy. (Read 32,084 times)

echobbase79

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Sep 11, 2018, 12:51:00 AM
Found out about "Predator Killer" and, well, it's just plain f**king stupid, really, isn't it?

Fugitive is a "good guy" who wants to give us a weapon to "help us" - only he kicks seven shades of shit out of how many humans?

That's without touching on the fact that Fugitive crash-lands on Earth - the place he, presumably, wants to be in order to give said gift; only to kill some people and *THEN* allow himself to be captured.  Only to wake up, kill a ton more people before pissing off to, well, kill even more people and fight Chad the Lad but to also give us a gift which will stop him?

If the suit's so good - why not just put it on himself and do away with him??

I'm sorry, but after Black seemingly rescuing this with the reshoots and dropping a load of chaff in the process; for him/them to then throw a Pred-themed Iron Man suit of armour in to the mix is just a kick in the teeth to Us and the franchise.

Also, does the "Predator Killer" not also allude to the fact that there are more Chads incoming? Or is it just to combat standard Preds too??

Genuinely flabbergasted by it's inclusion here.

Yeah, good point. They should've cut out all the other parts where he kills the humans to make the new ending work. Now I'm getting why it's so stupid.

Corporal Hicks

I didn't think that was too much of an issue. He's just concerned with getting back the damn device - all other priorities rescinded up to that point - and these stupid humans kidnapped him when he was unconscious and tied him up.

Milan

Milan

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I listened to a interview with Shane Black talking about the predators being in conflict with each other's...
One party want something new, other party doesn't want a change...
I think that the fugitive belongs to the party who don't want to break tradition, he wants earth to remain a hunting ground and maybe earth got some special value to the traditional predators because we hosted the rite of passage...
The but on then there is an another party who don't respect tradition, honor is not that important when it comes to hunting, lesser the risk, greater the reward. They want a planet of their own where they can do it how they want, and earth suits them just fine.
But they no play fair, they cheat in the eyes of the fugitive predator...
He can't make the other party inferior...but he can give the prey better odds of surviving a dishonorable Hunt.
That is why he bought the suit to earth... to even the odds of the hunt...honor the hunt by helping the prey have a chance of being a challenge.
What you think? Trash idea?

Dannyboy

Quote from: Milan on Sep 12, 2018, 05:51:58 PM
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I listened to a interview with Shane Black talking about the predators being in conflict with each other's...
One party want something new, other party doesn't want a change...
I think that the fugitive belongs to the party who don't want to break tradition, he wants earth to remain a hunting ground and maybe even there I some value to that the earth hosted the rite of passage...
The but on the other hand, there is a party who don't respect tradition, honor is not that important when it comes to hunting, lesser the risk, greater the reward. They want a planet of their own where they can do it how they want, earth.
But they no play fair, they cheat in the eyes of the fugitive predator...
He can't make the other party inferior...but he can give the pray better odds of surviving a dishonorable Hunt.
That is why he bought the suit to earth... to even the odds of hunt...honor the hunt by helping the prey have a chance of being a challenge.
What you think? Trash idea?
Can't say I don't agree. Sounds about right when I was thinking about it.

Wweyland

I think the movie died with the Fugitive Predator for me.
That's when the reshoots become apparent and more stupid and incoherent stuff started happening.
What was the deal with the Predator dogs? The scene with shooting it in the head was very weird and so was barfing out a grenade.
The third act was so muddled I could not make out how Traeger died. I think he shot himself in the head with his own shoulder cannon?

DerelictShip

I want to see how it plays out on screen. Very skeptical epically after how Hicks felt about it. Willing to be optimistic though because maybe they can utilize it in some manner....but ultimately just seems like a comic book approach

goose_3387

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 12, 2018, 08:02:27 PM
I think the movie died with the Fugitive Predator for me.
That's when the reshoots become apparent and more stupid and incoherent stuff started happening.
What was the deal with the Predator dogs? The scene with shooting it in the head was very weird and so was barfing out a grenade.
The third act was so muddled I could not make out how Traeger died. I think he shot himself in the head with his own shoulder cannon?

Yes, that's how he died.

Riddick

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 11, 2018, 07:47:51 AM
I didn't think that was too much of an issue. He's just concerned with getting back the damn device - all other priorities rescinded up to that point - and these stupid humans kidnapped him when he was unconscious and tied him up.

yep. that's what i thought too. first secure the device (especially from the ultimate pred), than "talk". 

overthere

This is a really fun movie. Sure it has its flaws, but it's entertaining and unique, not ripping off the original and calling it new. I wonder what's next for the predator franchise.

Huggs

Quote from: overthere on Sep 13, 2018, 01:41:17 AM
I wonder what's next for the predator franchise.

Hibernation   ;)

Oblivion  ;D

But seriously, it's probably just 8-15 years of books.

dave1978

The whole reasoning behind the suit makes no sense.  So the standard Predator makes a suit to help us fight the Upgraded Predaotr right?  so why doesnt the standard predator just wear the suit and do the job for us?

Corporal Hicks

I'd thought that earlier but he did spend his aliveness in the movie trying to get the device to get back to his ship where the suit was.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 11, 2018, 07:47:51 AM

Not seen it yet ( seeing it tonight ) but based on what I have read I agree with you here.  Even though he wants to help us in the grand scheme, does not mean he still won't want to come on safari. He just may not think it is honourable  to take over our planet and wipe us out.

We like to keep bees safe and other creatures but if they start attacking us we splat them.

No Name

No Name

Don't plan to see the film in theatres, but I have a fairly good idea of what's going on.

About the iron pred suit, the point about it being used to even the odds against bad bloods seems logical enough, but there are two big problems I see.

I understand Upgrade is killed without using the suit, so the purpose of having the suit in the first place is already defeated.

And now, the traditional preds have essentially made humans too powerful to hunt for themselves.

The only way a sequel to this particular entry can be made is if it employs a plot that involves undoing Fugi's mistake (similar to the Pred concrete jungle game). But even then, that would make the suit concept look even more idiotic than it already is.

Yeah, pretty sure the predator franchise is either going full Marvel beyond this point, or its going to die.

SyntaX

SyntaX

• The Fugitive was never The Fugitive untill the first and third act revisions.

• The suit of armor was never ment for humanity, nor was it present in the "original" third act.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION :
The suit was SHOWN in the "workprint" version but not how it works or what it's for.
The suit of armor is a weapon used by the Predators. Against humanity.
My source indicates that the suit of armor was a weapon ment against humanity because two of their Champions got bested.
This would've worked a shit ton better too

The Assassin was never an Assassin or called that way. He was on the ship that crashed and escaped. Earth just happened to be the "safest" place to crash I suppose. The two friendly Predators we're supposed to be onboard the ship carrying "Fugitve" and "Assassin" and we're supposed to have a larger role. The Fugitive still has a ship on Earth he tries to recover in order to go home. Assassin apparently realizes this and tries to extract the information from The Fugitive. Thus setting up the HUNT. Yes, we we're supposed to get a Predator vs Predator movie with us humans caught in the fray.

The Assassin was a Predator, designed for killing. No honor, no loyalty, nothing. A Predator Clan Elder (?) apparently decided it was best for him to become an outcast. He tasked three of his members to take him as far away as possible. This Clan Elder apparently carries one "tusk" from the Assassin as a token/trophy (remember, Assassin is missing one). These scenes we're never filmed but got storyboarded. Trying to get a picture of this...  ;)

• The first ending showed the Assassin being killed. After some chit-chat, they look up into the sky and the movie ends
  • The second ending is the one we all known by now. Humanity gets an Anti Predator weapon
  • The third ending had an Elder on a distant planet receiving word of what took place. He grabbed his trophy which was a tusk of the Assassin (he misses one, remember?). Elder stood up, screen went black. Yes, this was also storyboarded

Shane Black had a VERY different version of the movie in mind. However, due to "poor test screenings" (which isn't the case, at all) FOX decided to rewrite/reshoot parts of the first and second act. Shane is happy the shoot is over and won't touch the Predator franchise again. Remember, this isn't the first time FOX interviened with the shooting of a movie ... You can find multiple examples of the studio vs The Director.

I remember someone on here saw a very early cut (workprint) of this movie and I'd like to come in contact with him...  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed