The *SPOILER* discussion thread, ending SPOILERS ahoy.

Started by The Shuriken, Sep 09, 2018, 09:44:56 PM

Author
The *SPOILER* discussion thread, ending SPOILERS ahoy. (Read 32,071 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 10, 2018, 12:17:12 AM
Obviously haven't seen it, but from what I've heard the climate change angle is played along the lines of "humans are an endangered species, they just don't know it yet."

This is making me laugh way more than it should. The movie is truly a comedy in all aspects.

Wysps

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 09, 2018, 11:20:34 PM
Haven't read the leaked script. What was originally in the pod, the weird spider hybrids?

Yes, the hybrids were originally supposed to occupy the pods.  It's all just so bizarre. Bogus....the suit, the global warming, the weird ill explained reasoning behind this quasi-benevolence. I don't want to see humans driving around in Predator suits  :-\ It cheapens them. It goes against the primitive, tribal aspects of the original movies. Doesn't fit in the slightest. Hopefully any sequels will be only indirectly related, like the other movies, and we can casually forget about the suit business.

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 09, 2018, 10:40:46 PM
It might be difficult to change the ending if the effects are unfinished in the alternate ending (if they even put it on the bluray) but I will do it if it's possible.

I'd watch it  :)

Samhain13

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 10, 2018, 01:01:11 AM
Yes, the hybrids were originally supposed to occupy the pods.  It's all just so bizarre.

What were and what was the purpose of those hybrids?

The Shuriken

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 10, 2018, 01:52:55 AM
Quote from: Wysps on Sep 10, 2018, 01:01:11 AM
Yes, the hybrids were originally supposed to occupy the pods.  It's all just so bizarre.

What were and what was the purpose of those hybrids?

From what I can remember back when the original script leaked, the hybrids were just released by the Assassin Predator to cause havok.

Samhain13

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 10, 2018, 02:13:55 AM
From what I can remember back when the original script leaked, the hybrids were just released by the Assassin Predator to cause havok.

So the pod went from having hybrids creatures used by the Assassin to cause havok to having a nano suit given to humanity by the Fugitive to help us fight against predators like the Assassin who care about global warming. Now that's a funny turn of events.

Ultramorph

I'm really, really interested in seeing how the novel plays out and which version of the script it reflects.

Samhain13

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 10, 2018, 02:33:25 AM
I'm really, really interested in seeing how the novel plays out and which version of the script it reflects.

I'm hoping it follows Alien Covenant novel's style and the author make some things quite different.

Ultramorph

I think some Predator POV stuff will go a long way to making Fugitive's motives more clear, if nothing else.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 10, 2018, 12:17:12 AM
Obviously haven't seen it, but from what I've heard the climate change angle is played along the lines of "humans are an endangered species, they just don't know it yet."

It's mentioned like once. And it's supposition from what I remember. But the invasion angle comes up again at the end where they're explaining that the Iron-Man suit is a gift called the Predator Killer to help mankind combat the Predators.

In regards to its appearance, it's a nano-suit that comes out of this wrist mounted device. It looks like a Predator, helmet and dreadlocks.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 10, 2018, 02:33:25 AM

I reckon it'll reflect the final film. I think that additional writer was brought on to make edits to it to reflect the reshoots. I'm eager to see if it better explains motives.

yautjapet

I wonder how a single suit is supposed to defend against a mass scale predator invasion and their vast arsenal of weaponry, ships, and superior technology. And if some predators were against the idea of an invasion, wouldn't it make more sense to fight the pro-invasion preds themselves rather than doing this roundabout "equip the prey, but only one of them" thing? They couldn't communicate all this to humanity in a peaceful and direct fashion? And didn't bother to do so during the however-many-years-long interim after they get the pod but before they actually open it and discover the suit? It all just sounds sloppy and poorly thought out.

Xerxész

Quote from: yautjapet on Sep 10, 2018, 03:57:23 PM
I wonder how a single suit is supposed to defend against a mass scale predator invasion and their vast arsenal of weaponry, ships, and superior technology.

Most likely it is a prototype.
Humans can analyse, learn about it, it's elements and start to mass product it later.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I really need to find out why in the world Fugitive is killing everyone if he brought this suit to help humanity.

I can understand killing his captors, but to then pursue the main cast, what's the point?

Xerxész

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 10, 2018, 05:02:32 PM
I can understand killing his captors, but to then pursue the main cast, what's the point?

Stargazers attack him, their death is a kinda revenge and predatorish behaviour I think.
But Fugitive does not want to kill the main heroes. He is after the Kuhjad (the Predator thing Rory is playing with), ha wants to find it.
IIRC in the script he even "says" to McKenna while holding him up, that he is a good Predator and that they should run.

funk_master_chunk

Found out about "Predator Killer" and, well, it's just plain f**king stupid, really, isn't it?

Fugitive is a "good guy" who wants to give us a weapon to "help us" - only he kicks seven shades of shit out of how many humans?

That's without touching on the fact that Fugitive crash-lands on Earth - the place he, presumably, wants to be in order to give said gift; only to kill some people and *THEN* allow himself to be captured.  Only to wake up, kill a ton more people before pissing off to, well, kill even more people and fight Chad the Lad but to also give us a gift which will stop him?

If the suit's so good - why not just put it on himself and do away with him??

I'm sorry, but after Black seemingly rescuing this with the reshoots and dropping a load of chaff in the process; for him/them to then throw a Pred-themed Iron Man suit of armour in to the mix is just a kick in the teeth to Us and the franchise.

Also, does the "Predator Killer" not also allude to the fact that there are more Chads incoming? Or is it just to combat standard Preds too??

Genuinely flabbergasted by it's inclusion here.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Sep 11, 2018, 12:51:00 AM
Also, does the "Predator Killer" not also allude to the fact that there are more Chads incoming?

The predators who want to invade Earth are of the Chad class yes. So the suit would be used against those.

And since we brought that up its about goddamn time someone makes a "virgin fugitive vs chad upgrade" meme.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed