User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Predator Reviews  (Read 43230 times)

Corporal Hicks
Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM
Topic on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM
Q
Catch all thread for the full reviews. SlashFilm already broke embargo and there's is up now. Mixed review - https://www.slashfilm.com/the-predator-review/ -

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2018, 07:27:01 AM by Corporal Hicks »

Sep 07, 2018, 07:26:37 AM
Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:26:37 AM
Q
Maybe seperate the good, mixed and negative reviews again so we can see what takes the upper hand (Hopefully the positive of course :-) )?

Corporal Hicks
Sep 07, 2018, 07:27:07 AM
Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:27:07 AM
Q
We will for the main page.

blood.
Sep 07, 2018, 07:33:27 AM
Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:33:27 AM
Q
"There are spaceship chases, and crashes. There are shootouts galore. Trucks flip in blasts of fire. The Predator’s movements are swift and brutal, and Black revels in the gore. Limbs fly, guts splash, and heads roll. It sounds ghastly, but almost all of the violence is played for laughs."

I was expecting an action comedy but I'd hoped that the humour would fade as the film went on, but doesn't seem that way. Oh well, not gonna take it serious and just go in looking for a fun time!

predator88
Sep 07, 2018, 07:34:46 AM
Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:34:46 AM
Q
Really disappointing. It was known since the first screenings last year that this movie was overblown on jokes and stuff but that sentence that the predator is no longer scary and just a punchline now has terminated any hope I had with this. I will see it eventually but i't's sad that the franchise is now so  far removed from what made the original such a masterpiece.This will have its fun moments but overall no substance and just joke after joke.The predator franchise has become a parody with Black's film.

von
Sep 07, 2018, 07:51:59 AM
Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:51:59 AM
Q
the same stupid site that first leaked plot details has given a very negative review. bastards ::)

contains spoilers obviously

http://splashreport.com/tiff-film-review-predator/

Breaking embargo too, eh? Just couldn't wait to shit on it. Gives them lots of credibility.  ;)

exactly. zero credibility. adored by the Predator fanbase  ::)

predator88
Sep 07, 2018, 08:04:08 AM
Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2018, 08:04:08 AM
Q
the same stupid site that first leaked plot details has given a very negative review. bastards ::)

Breaking embargo too, eh? Just couldn't wait to shit on it. Gives them lots of credibility.  ;)

Or maybe the film is not good at all? I'm a predator fanatic but from what I'm hearing so far Black has made a predator parody and not a true sequel.

Danversity
Sep 07, 2018, 08:15:21 AM
Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2018, 08:15:21 AM
Q

Or maybe the film is not good at all? I'm a predator fanatic but from what I'm hearing so far Black has made a predator parody and not a true sequel.

What you're hearing is mixed-to-positive reception, my friend. Which is the very same reception that every single Predator film, including the first one, had. Except for maybe 2, that was mixed-to-negative. So far, most people DO like the movie. And yes, every single one of them converge that it has tons of humor, and obviously that's gonna be a major polarizer here because if film is subjective, humor is even MORE subjective. For some people it will work 100%, for others it will work less, for people who didn't want humor at all it's probably not gonna work - unless they keep an open mind. Everybody knew what this was going to be from the start. Shane had said it, countless and countless times. For me, personally, that's what I want, because it's a Shane Black movie, so it better own it. I have 3 other perfectly good movies that I enjoy in this franchise if I want something with less humor - this I want to be hysterical. But hey, that's me. Maybe that's not you, and that's fine. But then again, it's not a problem with the film, it's a problem with what you want from it. You knew what it was going to be. They prepared you for it. So no, I don't believe for a second that the film is "not good at all".

von
Sep 07, 2018, 08:17:36 AM
Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2018, 08:17:36 AM
Q

perhaps 1 in 10 claim it's a "parody" so it's which you choose to see it as

PredBabe
Sep 07, 2018, 08:20:40 AM
Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2018, 08:20:40 AM
Q

What you're hearing is mixed-to-positive reception, my friend. Which is the very same reception that every single Predator film, including the first one, had. Except for maybe 2, that was mixed-to-negative. So far, most people DO like the movie. And yes, every single one of them converge that it has tons of humor, and obviously that's gonna be a major polarizer here because if film is subjective, humor is even MORE subjective. For some people it will work 100%, for others it will work less, for people who didn't want humor at all it's probably not gonna work - unless they keep an open mind. Everybody knew what this was going to be from the start. Shane had said it, countless and countless times. For me, personally, that's what I want, because it's a Shane Black movie, so it better own it. I have 3 other perfectly good movies that I enjoy in this franchise if I want something with less humor - this I want to be hysterical. But hey, that's me. Maybe that's not you, and that's fine. But then again, it's not a problem with the film, it's a problem with what you want from it. You knew what it was going to be. They prepared you for it. So no, I don't believe for a second that the film is "not good at all".

Well said.  :)

predator88
Sep 07, 2018, 08:43:26 AM
Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2018, 08:43:26 AM
Q

I get what you're saying but the predator franchise has always had an overall serious tone, minus some jokes here and there. Most importantly the creatures in the first two movies were scary, hope they didn't forget that instead of  trying to get them  to be just mindless killing machines. And if the tone here boarders on parody it will not sit well with the first two movies especially when there will be a connection for sure as reports have claimed. Can't imagine a predator parody to reference the original and for us to believe that they are set in the same universe.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2018, 08:52:09 AM by predator88 »

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed