Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting

Started by Ramjet311, Sep 06, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Author
Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting (Read 31,528 times)

Huggs

If the movie tanks, I hope Shane doesn't use this business as an excuse for it.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 12, 2018, 04:11:35 AM
If the movie tanks, I hope Shane doesn't use this business as an excuse for it.

Well, this isn't helping. So if there was a small margin is now gone.

Corporal Hicks

Oh it's definitely going to be a reason for bad business. Add this to the mixed reviews and it's a recipe for poor returns.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2018, 08:03:29 AM
Oh it's definitely going to be a reason for bad business. Add this to the mixed reviews and it's a recipe for poor returns.

The cinema that I booked my showing in only had two already booked seats, in a major city
-opening night, not a good sign.

Corporal Hicks

The big IMAX near me was about half full for tonight's showing. Tomorrow it's practically empty. I honestly don't expect it to do very well.

neoryu33

Like Hicks is saying, the negative fallout from this has already set in.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2018, 08:08:32 AM
The big IMAX near me was about half full for tonight's showing. Tomorrow it's practically empty. I honestly don't expect it to do very well.

Yeah, this is depressing. I was booking IMAX tickets for me and a buddy of mine for the premier at midnight tonight aaannnddd... we were the first booking seats. Really lame, I'm not even sure it's fully due to the controversy, I just think genre movies are becoming more and more hard to sell in theatres.

Hemi

So next week Black is probably going to be called/comparred with a convicted pedophile? - by social media standards. I'm not a betting man but I would put my money on this going south real fast.

What a shame to end a franchise like that eh?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hemi on Sep 12, 2018, 12:25:29 PM
So next week Black is probably going to be called/comparred with a convicted pedophile? - by social media standards. I'm not a betting man but I would put my money on this going south real fast.

I agree with you overall. But we can admit Shane Black messed up casting his "friend" many times in hollywood movies... I mean how naive is he to keep doing that, despite knowing this industry very well, and having to keep in mind this could happen anytime ? It happened now, well, that sucks.

PredBabe

PredBabe

It's a touchy subject but, from a legal standpoint, Shane didn't do anything wrong and the scene was removed. I don't consider this situation on the same level as Weinstein. We have directors, like Tarantino, who constantly worked with that pig, who are still comfortably thriving in the industry (granted I still watch the guy's movies because there is talent and entertainment there but still there is something to be said).

Shane should have let Munn know though so she could decide and, obviously, she would have made the better call. She is not the villain here but neither are her costars who are receiving a lot of negativity even after voicing their support for her. It's all really aggravating and no doubt this movie and probably the series will suffer for it but that may not be the bigger issue here either.

Huggs

Huggs

He kind of shot himself in the foot, unfortunately, it ricocheted and hit the predator franchise. I just fail to believe that he didn't know the full scope of what that guy did. If you are arrested and serve freakin' time for a crime involving a child, odds are you didn't just blow kisses in their direction. Friend or not, keeping a guy with that kind of record around was a mess waiting to happen. And here we are.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Hemi on Sep 12, 2018, 12:25:29 PM

The franchise ended when they didn't have Arnie starring in this. It would have been huge.

Hollywood

Quote from: neoryu33 on Sep 12, 2018, 08:28:50 AM
Like Hicks is saying, the negative fallout from this has already set in.

Very true, you couldn't time it any better if you were rooting for this film to fail. Even I am hardly in the mood to see it this Friday knowing everything behind the scenes - and this has been my most anticipated movie since it was announced in 2014 😅

PredBabe

It went from 75% on down to 40% on Rotten Tomatoes...

Ultramorph

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 12, 2018, 03:37:47 PM
It went from 75% on down to 40% on Rotten Tomatoes...

This is dread, mon, very dread.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed