The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 82,021 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 09, 2018, 06:42:29 PM
I hear a lot of complaints that Upgrade dies to easily. How easily could he be defeated? He's a hulking beefcake with armored skin. Do they use predator weapons to take him out?

In all the craziness over the ending, even I completely forgot to ask whether upgrade still dies or gets away. Oh, and who was Holbrook addressing with the come and get us line?

Jigsaw85

That line isn't in the movie apparently.

Xerxész

I hear a lot of complaints that Upgrade dies to easily. How easily could he be defeated? He's a hulking beefcake with armored skin. Do they use predator weapons to take him out?

I haven't seen the movie yet but as far as I know Assassin is defeated the same way as described in the script.
And I think it wasn't so easy...

funk_master_chunk

Not followed the film (consciously) for a whike now; but did read the first draft.

Keep seeing people talking about "the ending", and was wondering what's up with the ending?

Could someone in the know put it in a spoiler for me, please? (Thanks in advance!)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 09, 2018, 06:59:02 PM

I haven't seen the movie yet but as far as I know Assassin is defeated the same way as described in the script.
And I think it wasn't so easy...

I haven't seen the movie, but like Xerxész said, it wouldn't be surprising if they kept how it occurred in the script. No one has mentioned otherwise.

Spoiler
The Upgrade is attacked essentially from three different angles: Holbrook, Munn, and the kid.
[close]

Jigsaw85

But do they attack him with predator weapons?

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 09, 2018, 07:36:12 PM
Spoiler
The Upgrade is attacked essentially from three different angles: Holbrook, Munn, and the kid.
[close]

Spoiler
But - for me at least - it wasn't clear that the 3 attacks were at the same time.
I think not.
[close]

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 09, 2018, 07:48:04 PM
But do they attack him with predator weapons?

Spoiler
Well...actually yes...all 3 humans use a kind of Predator tech/weapon to take down Assassin, but the final killer shot comes from McKenna's sniper rifle.
[close]

germanator2

For those who saw it, how was the Fugitive Escape scenes in the Stargazer lab? I feel like those scenes are definitely the highlight of the film.
Spoiler
And did they keep the part in the script where the Fugitive cuts off that scientist's head and use it to get through the door and mimic his voice?
[close]

Fleming

Can someone who has seen it or knows please tell me what Yvonne Strahovski's role is like exactly and what happens to her, lives/dies so on.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Fleming on Sep 09, 2018, 11:56:02 PM
Can someone who has seen it or knows please tell me what Yvonne Strahovski's role is like exactly and what happens to her, lives/dies so on.

Spoiler
I haven't seen it, so things may have changed, but doubtful they have. She had a very minor role in the script - the weary mother - and had several scenes protecting her son against people (Stargazer peeps?) She didn't die in the script.
[close]

Fleming

Yeah I did see the script at the time so was wondering if its changed. She is my favorite actress of all time so really eager to find out what happens with her in the film.

OlePainless

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 08, 2018, 10:57:10 PM
I find it rather ironic that I was right all along, and rather than being human and saying elder I'm sorry I doubted you, you would rather throw mud because you cannot accept you are wrong. Some community.

Oh Lord, you are a fan of a hideous alien with the face of a vagina who kills humans for sport..... it's a sci fi action movie, not Shakespeare.... get over yourself...man of taste  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Enough please. We're not here to attack each other.

Tetsujin

QuoteDate night with hubby! Watched a early premiere of the Predator movie and let me just say it was AMAZING!!! I was so wrapped up in the movie and surprisingly I spent a big chunk CRACKING UP! lots of action of course but the funny parts were HILARIOUS! I enjoyed this more than expected! I recommend big time! Oh yeah, and no big deal, he made an appearance🤷🏼‍♀️😂😱 ps I have free tickets for tomorrow early premiere... anyone?

Firestorm

Man my exictement for seeing this movie has been replaced with just wanting Wed to come so i can be put out my misery of wondering weather its good or bad.

Never seen such a split opinion over a movie, people are praising it and slating it simultaneously i just can't get my head around it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed