The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 83,068 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: Kudzu on Sep 09, 2018, 04:10:50 AM
Sounds like it is salvageable with a fan edit (mostly the ending, I guess, somehow)

Now that's an obligatory edit, someone need to cut that thing out. I don't know much about that editing stuff, but if no one else do it (Prometheus and Covenant's fan-edits improved the movies for me), I will to do it myself.

El Diablo

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 08, 2018, 11:59:29 PM
Ok, somebody who has seen the movie answer me this...

Spoiler
If fugitive came to earth to give us a weapon, why is he slaughtering government soldiers? shouldn't he be surrendering and telling them about what's coming?
[close]

Spoiler
I haven't seen the finished version but that may have to do with the whole business of the weapon and Fugitive's intentions to help mankind being a very recent addition to the story. That plot point was never mentioned or shown in the earlier cuts that were screened as recently as July.
[close]

von

von

Quote from: El Diablo on Sep 09, 2018, 07:00:04 AM

Spoiler
If fugitive came to earth to give us a weapon, why is he slaughtering government soldiers? shouldn't he be surrendering and telling them about what's coming?
[close]

Spoiler
I haven't seen the finished version but that may have to do with the whole business of the weapon and Fugitive's intentions to help mankind being a very recent addition to the story. That plot point was never mentioned or shown in the earlier cuts that were screened as recently as July.
[close]

Spoiler
so what was fugitive's original intention?
[close]

El Diablo

Quote from: von on Sep 09, 2018, 08:11:50 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Like I said, I haven't seen the final edit so I'm not sure if any of this is still in the film.

Spoiler
From what I can recall he was a hybrid experiment on the run whose DNA was valuable to the Predators. He never seemed like he was there to give anything to anybody, just trying to evade capture and get his gear back from the humans.
[close]

von

von

Thanks!

Corporal Hicks

That doesn't come across in the finished edit.

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 09, 2018, 10:30:37 AM
That doesn't come across in the finished edit.

Hicks, could you answer these questions? Of course in spoiler, if needed. :)

-
Spoiler
Does anybody of the survivors try on that suit in the end of the film? How does it turn out that the suit is intended for the humans?
[close]
- Any predator weapon/gadget used by humans other than Traeger's shoulder cannon?
- Do we know how Fugitive gets those scratches on his first mask?
- Do the main heroes return to Stargazer lab after the event of Fugitive's escape? If yes, why?
- Communication between human and Predator?
Spoiler
Is the translator device in the final film?
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Maybe they attacked him first and he lost his shit...
[close]

Still Collating...

Quote from: El Diablo on Sep 09, 2018, 09:15:20 AM
Quote from: von on Sep 09, 2018, 08:11:50 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Like I said, I haven't seen the final edit so I'm not sure if any of this is still in the film.

Spoiler
From what I can recall he was a hybrid experiment on the run whose DNA was valuable to the Predators. He never seemed like he was there to give anything to anybody, just trying to evade capture and get his gear back from the humans.
[close]

If that really was the movies first intention, why the hell did they change that? Sounds much better than what we're gonna get.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 09, 2018, 10:51:28 AM
-
Spoiler
Does anybody of the survivors try on that suit in the end of the film? How does it turn out that the suit is intended for the humans?
[close]

Spoiler
No. Random technician. Not really sure how to answer that second part though.
[close]
Quote- Any predator weapon/gadget used by humans other than Traeger's shoulder cannon?

Spoiler
McKenna and Bracket use the cloaking ball. McKenna also uses the Upgrade arm sythe launcher thing and that was pretty cool.
[close]

Quote- Do we know how Fugitive gets those scratches on his first mask?

Spoiler
The Crash.
[close]

Quote- Do the main heroes return to Stargazer lab after the event of Fugitive's escape? If yes, why?

Spoiler
No.
[close]

Quote- Communication between human and Predator?
Spoiler
Is the translator device in the final film?
[close]

Spoiler
They don't communicate. Stargazer did rig up a translation matrix and the Upgrade uses it to tell everyone he's gonna f**k them up.
[close]

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 09, 2018, 11:04:49 AM
If that really was the movies first intention, why the hell did they change that? Sounds much better than what we're gonna get.

I assume because of the negative reactions regarding it.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 08, 2018, 07:54:42 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 08, 2018, 01:01:24 PM
For oversensitive people, probably yes.
For example I'm not oversensitive and I've read the ending. :)
Believe me, it's total stupid, bad idea implemented in the film. You won't like it, I'm sure.
No fans will like it...no fans.

I know what the element of controversy is, and i don't like it either. It feels totally forced. Despite that, like i said earlier, it doesn't change the lore deeply forever. It doesn't change what the predator is initially, and that would've been the worst for me.

Xerxész

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Government soldiers. That's the key part in your question.
They attack him, take his gear and capture him. The focus is on the intention. And...you know...he is a Predator...and likes hunting. That's just what I think but I have not seen the movie yet.

Now...McKenna and his team...is a more interesting question. Because they "meet" Fugitive accidentally. They don't need to be slaughtered if we see Fugitive's good/friendly intention about giving that suit/armor to the humans.
[close]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 09, 2018, 11:11:53 AM
Spoiler
Not really sure how to answer that second part though.
[close]

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I meant that
Spoiler
how can we know that Fugitive wants to give it to the humans? Why couldn't it be his armor maybe? Or an other Predator's gear he stole...
Somebody (maybe Traeger?) states that it is for humans?
[close]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 09, 2018, 11:11:53 AM
Spoiler
No.
[close]

Then what did
Spoiler
that 'Assassin's attack on Stargazer lab/base' mean? Was it totally cut out from the final version?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 09, 2018, 12:12:51 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I meant that
Spoiler
how can we know that Fugitive wants to give it to the humans? Why couldn't it be his armor maybe? Or an other Predator's gear he stole...
Somebody (maybe Traeger?) states that it is for humans?
[close]

It's another one of those "what" moments I had. Unless I missed something, it's not addressed and it's just what the characters say.

Then what did
Spoiler
that 'Assassin's attack on Stargazer lab/base' mean? Was it totally cut out from the final version?
[close]

Oh, it was a
Spoiler
field lab set up around Fugitive's ship.
[close]

TheBATMAN

Sorry to keep asking, But can someone confirm if the fugitive's Pred vision sounds are the same as P1 and P2 or have they changed it yet again?

Jigsaw85

I hear a lot of complaints that Upgrade dies to easily. How easily could he be defeated? He's a hulking beefcake with armored skin. Do they use predator weapons to take him out?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed