User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alien'79 inspired story, NON-submission to Tongal-...  (Read 578 times)

TC
Sep 10, 2018, 10:48:29 AM
Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2018, 10:48:29 AM
Q
I disagree with that notion, it distinguishes your design and still echoes the submarine/future castle of Ron Cobb's work and Ridley Scott's ideas.

I'm glad you got the submarine vibe. I have a thing for production design/art direction of submarine interiors - so claustrophobic, and every surface so densely encrusted with textural detail, it really makes a set come alive.

I enjoyed that. Seems like the zero-G stunt would have been reasonably ambitious but something I would have liked to have seen.

(Like i said earlier, this is all thought experiment, but) I think I would try lifting the actor's feet with wires and angling the camera appropriately, then painting the wires out in post. For the crane I would remove the static prop (made of foam-core/cardboard/PVC-pipe) from the set and replace it with a CG duplicate that could be animated. The alien, ahem... CG?

And of course, there is a practical reason in the story for having the lights go out.   ;)

TC

The Old One
Feb 07, 2019, 04:13:18 AM
Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2019, 04:13:18 AM
Q
Would love to see more of your concept art from this.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed