Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 01, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019! (Read 67,318 times)

Perfect-Organism

General Spears in Verheiden / Beauvais Aliens comics was a vat-grown baby and this featured significantly as a part of his pathos.  It is a very appropriate element for the Aliens series.  It is almost a polar opposite of what the Aliens do in their birthing process.  Whereas the aliens are an excess of sharing the body for new life, the vat-grown people are a complete absence of body sharing.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2018, 07:42:20 AM
Original Sin said Amanda was a journo, which has about the same amount of merit.
Hey people change careers, it's very common in fact. :P

The Old One

The Old One

Nonsense, the total polar opposite of the realism that Alien 1979 presents.

Perfect-Organism

How do you mean?

The Old One

The Old One

Sci-Fi as far away from '60's concept of science fiction as achievable, down to Earth and authentic- Much of the EU is not.

Possible ≠ Correct story decision. IMO

felix

Release date shifted to July 30th 2019.
https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=17384685

Corporal Hicks

Balls.  :-\ That really sucks.

bobby brown

I don't know about you guys, but I always envisioned Ripley as a bit of an absent mother, Perhaps She had Amanda when she was quite young and didn't have the time to fully develop her maternal instincts. This gives her character some dimensions and it strengthens her arch in ALIENS when she redeems herself with newt.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: felix on Dec 11, 2018, 01:30:11 AMRelease date shifted to July 30th 2019.
https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=17384685

I hope they're not messing with it like they did the novelisation of The Predator. I'm curious what could cause such a lengthy delay.

SM

How did they mess with The Predator novelisation?

HuDaFuK

Having another author completely rework it to remove and replace the original final act.

Is that why people thought it was such a dull read? Impossible to say without seeing the original version. But I can't imagine suddenly getting someone else take over and significantly rewrite an entire act at the last minute did it any favours.

SM

Ah.  Well to the best of my knowledge, that's not what happened here.

HybridNewborn

There been any news on this?

SM

Other than the release being pushed back, no.

Xiggz456

I'm guessing they pushed this back to space out releases considering Vol 7 of the Omnibus' just dropped a few days ago. (I got my copy!)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed