The Predator | Predator Versus Challenge | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 27, 2018, 03:07:25 PM

Author
The Predator | Predator Versus Challenge | 20th Century FOX (Read 12,837 times)

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: D88M on Aug 28, 2018, 08:47:28 PM
Quote from: Danversity on Aug 28, 2018, 05:51:05 PM
Quote from: Rev44 on Aug 28, 2018, 10:07:50 AM
The fact they even considered that ridiculous human-clothes wearing abomination makes me think the people behind this movie just see the Predator as some generic man-in-a-suit monster, which they can strap any ridiculous plot contrivance on to.

Friend, you'd be appalled with the stupid things they come up with for ANY movie before they drop them. Not a The Predator exclusive thing. Have we suddenly forgot what the Predator creature was originally supposed to look like?

Yeah but they even shot the scenes, and remember, the leaked script was awful, in hollywood is very usual to change movies from their conception until weeks before release, it makes no sense and is a waste of money, which is what all the suit people are about after all. They have to make a good script, shoot what is it in there, and that is it. No reshoots, no butchering in post production because of pointless test screenings/audiences opinions, just make a movie.

Regards to the "Camo Pred" design, iuck, i dont know which is the worst idea, Friendly Camo Preds (why this insistence of making Predators work with humans?), or Predator Dogs (which was already an awful idea in Predators)

This is very simplistic view on the Industry. Me and my team were working on the project (Mobile Strategy Game) for 2 months, doing all feedbacks and designs, getting approeved and finished everything on time. But at some point programmers finally were putting buildings on the game map, and in the end it didn't work, all our designs were too confusing and complicated(from the shapes, to color sets) for the size of the map. So Art Director decided to redo designs and change all colors, and it happened already in the middle of working pipeline.
   What I am trying to say that it's a normal thing to redoo things, have many drafts, and still keep changing designs and structure while you shooting movie, making game or any other thing which connected to Entertainment Business (Depends from the artist of course).
Also about "Stupid" Ideas, I believe that any Idea can work, it all depends from execution, and as long as artist knows what he/she is aiming for. If you can't picture it being cool, or executed nicely it doesn't mean other person can't do it. Don't need to be so closeminded. On youtube it's a series of video where professional artist redraws his son's drawings, and you can see the silly Ideas and designs of the boy starting looking very nice and cool once professional artist draws them.   
  It's hard to know what is going to work in the end and what isn't. Petter Wheeler didn't like the guidance of his trainer for the movements for Robocop movie, he thought it looked to foney and silly. But in the end this movements were trademark of the Robocop. You never know what is going to work.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Right on D88M ! Honestly predator in human clothing is about the most dumbest idea ever! The upgrade is dumb, the super predators were dumb.and the dogs are stupid. I'm getting to the point where my only canon is just p1 and p2

Danversity

Yeah they shot the scenes. But they didn't keep them, so it absolutely doesn't matter. You know what else was shot? Scott Pilgrim choosing not to be with Ramona at the end. Isn't that stupid? It is, but you can't hold that stupid idea against the movie because it's simply not there in the final version, they realized it wasn't the best ending and went back to fix that. That's all the matters.

I'm not even gonna comment on the god forsaken early leaked script of a movie that was written through production and had the ending rewritten and reshot. Absolutely every single movie goes through a period of stupid ideas before it reaches its final version, and sometimes some of those ideas even make it to shooting phase, but that's what editing and reshoots are there for.

And friendly Predators in pants is not even the worst idea ever. Predators are not ordinary dumb animal-monsters, they are highly intelligent humanoid beings that might just as well wear freaking pants if they've been on this planet for a while; regardless of how it looks to the hardcore fan, it's an idea that can make perfect sense, it just depends on execution. Now picture a Xenomorph wearing pants. THAT is an inherently stupid idea. But it doesn't matter now because none of that made it to the final version of the film, they realized it probably wasn't too good and dropped it. That is all that matters.

von

Quote from: Danversity on Aug 29, 2018, 01:53:15 AM
Yeah they shot the scenes. But they didn't keep them, so it absolutely doesn't matter. You know what else was shot? Scott Pilgrim choosing not to be with Ramona at the end. Isn't that stupid? It is, but you can't hold that stupid idea against the movie because it's simply not there in the final version, they realized it wasn't the best ending and went back to fix that. That's all the matters.

I'm not even gonna comment on the god forsaken early leaked script of a movie that was written through production and had the ending rewritten and reshot. Absolutely every single movie goes through a period of stupid ideas before it reaches its final version, and sometimes some of those ideas even make it to shooting phase, but that's what editing and reshoots are there for.

And friendly Predators in pants is not even the worst idea ever. Predators are not ordinary dumb animal-monsters, they are highly intelligent humanoid beings that might just as well wear freaking pants if they've been on this planet for a while; regardless of how it looks to the hardcore fan, it's an idea that can make perfect sense, it just depends on execution. Now picture a Xenomorph wearing pants. THAT is an inherently stupid idea. But it doesn't matter now because none of that made it to the final version of the film, they realized it probably wasn't too good and dropped it. That is all that matters.

imagine if the haters hadn't had access to leaked scripts and set pics. that would be fun!!

Hollywood

Danversity and von are spot on 👍

von

just think about it for a second. if you're hating aspects of the film that you caught through the leaked script and set pics, do you realize you were NOT meant to see them at that point in time? now if you had access to them AFTER watching the film, how different would you be feeling :-\

BigDaddyJohn

They have to make a good script, shoot what is it in there, and that is it. No reshoots, no butchering in post production because of pointless test screenings/audiences opinions, just make a movie.

Lol welcome to fantasy land.

Danversity

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 29, 2018, 11:16:49 AM
They have to make a good script, shoot what is it in there, and that is it. No reshoots, no butchering in post production because of pointless test screenings/audiences opinions, just make a movie.

Lol welcome to fantasy land.

I mean, goddamn STEVEN SPIELBERG had to go through reshoots, but hey if our friend here says it's that easy, who the hell is Spielberg to say otherwise?

The Cruentus

While D88M is wrong, there is no need to carry on about it or poke fun.

Huggs

Huggs

Seeing as how they're introducing kids into the movies, how about Predator vs The Little Rascals? Let's see if he can best the "He Man Woman Haters". The only thing that could've made it better would've been Robin Williams (rest his soul). Maybe as a super intense pee-wee football coach or something.

"The only balls you drop on this field tonight better be the one's your momma gave you, ya hear me!? One more fumble and your a** is mine Switzer!!! "

huntin8-t0n

I haven't read the script, so I don't know i detail, but just heard and read about the friendly predators and their removal of the final product.

To be frank, as much as it sounds an interesting idea, it would be too much. The movie already introduces you to its concept of different predators, the background of the hunt and new type of the species. Also there is a design change.

Adding the friendly predators in human clothing would just confuse people, I'd say. There are the haters, yea (I'm not a great fan of the idea right now. Maybe when something solid is established it could be introduced), but I think casual moviegoers who have a rough idea of the franchise would just be like: "Hey, what?!"

brokentusk420

Predators are not ordinary dumb animal-monsters, they are highly intelligent humanoid beings that might just as well wear freaking pants if they've been on this planet for a while; regardless of how it looks to the hardcore fan, it's an idea that can make perfect sense, it just depends on execution.

Yeah, no. There is no execution that would make that work. It makes zero sense other than it was some half-cocked idea some unimaginative noob in the design department suggested. There is absolutely no logical reason for them to be wearing any human clothes. This movie is moving so far away from everything previously established. Also because the movies dont happen often people will excuse stupid ideas and accept dumb premises, cap in hand, asking, "please sir, id like some more."

Hollywood

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 30, 2018, 04:31:15 PM
Yeah, no. There is no execution that would make that work. It makes zero sense other than it was some half-cocked idea some unimaginative noob in the design department suggested. There is absolutely no logical reason for them to be wearing any human clothes. This movie is moving so far away from everything previously established. Also because the movies dont happen often people will excuse stupid ideas and accept dumb premises, cap in hand, asking, "please sir, id like some more."

You're still complaining about something that wont be in the movie and calling people who actually could've seen it make sense unimaginative just because you can't see it work. That makes you unimaginative and dismissive.

I'm sure you fancy yourself an expert on great ideas in the movie industry but don't kid yourself, Shane Black make you look like the noob.

Danversity

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 30, 2018, 04:31:15 PM
Predators are not ordinary dumb animal-monsters, they are highly intelligent humanoid beings that might just as well wear freaking pants if they've been on this planet for a while; regardless of how it looks to the hardcore fan, it's an idea that can make perfect sense, it just depends on execution.

Well yeah, there are ways that could've worked well, just because you can't think of one - or maybe refuses to think of one - doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And absolutely no, this film is not moving an inch away from anything previously stabilished, that is just a blind notion many fans have convinced themselves of. You have to remember that as far as movie canon goes, we don't know all that much about the Predators. We know they hunt presumably for sport, we know they have some sort of hierarchy and honor code, we know they have technology, we know there are some different kinds and clans that use different hunting methods and that's about it. We don't know how many different types there are, we don't know how they behave as a society, we don't know exactly how they communicate, we don't know what other species they live with, we don't know the extent of their technology, we don't know what other agendas they have - because such an intelligent lifeform is not just about hunting 100% of the time. As far as we know right now, this movie goes against absolutely nothing that was previously stabilished.

BigDaddyJohn

Lol don't bother with this one

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed