Win a Limited Blu-Ray in Our StudioADI Harbinger Down Giveaway!

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 24, 2018, 01:14:33 AM

Author
Win a Limited Blu-Ray in Our StudioADI Harbinger Down Giveaway! (Read 3,162 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

While we typically don't venture outside the realm of Alien and Predator around here, we're making a special exception as this is still in the family!

Our friends at StudioADI have provided us with a limited-edition signed Blu-Ray of Harbinger Down to give away to a lucky fan. Released in 2015 and directed by long time Alien Franchise practical effects artist Alec Gillis, Harbinger Down (titled Inanimate in the UK) is a Sci-Fi/Horror film in the vein of The Thing. The movie was crowd-funded and produced entirely in-house by StudioADI.

The film was heavy on creature practical effects, and also starred Lance Henriksen, well known to Alien fans for his roles in Aliens, AlienĀ³, and Alien Vs. Predator.

This giveaway is in celebration of a recently released behind-the-scenes book of the film, written by Christopher Cooksy (aka Christopher Moonlight), and currently available on Amazon.

"Take a pictorial journey through the production of Harbinger Down, the film that set out to prove that audiences still prefer practical effects creatures over CGI. After finding their animatronic creations left on the cutting room floor one too many times in favor of digitally animated monsters and spurred on by the outcry of movie fans everywhere to keep it real, studioADI co-founders Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr. decided to take matters into their own hands. The result was the #1 highest funded Kickstarter for a sci-fi/horror movie in history."

To win the Blu-Ray, simply tell us your favorite Lance Henriksen role outside of the Alien and AVP franchises in this thread. The winner will be chosen at random. Apologies to our European and global members, but this giveaway is limited to US residents only.

The competition closes at on August 30th at 12pm Pacific Time.

Best of luck!

426Buddy

It might not be a big part but I always loved Lance in The Terminator.

Huggs

Ed Harley - Pumpkinhead

Engineer

My favorite would have to be harbinger down! Lol

Second choice, that TV show millennium, maybe. I'll probably think of something I liked better 10 minutes from now, though. Haha.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Harbinger Down Blu-Ray Competition:

- Favorite Lance Henriksen role: Chains Cooper in the biker/action film STONE COLD

:)

felix

I saw this. It's not bad.

genocyber

genocyber

I was a big fan of Lance's voice role as Tesler from Tron Uprising. Very underrated.

Corporal Hicks

It's a huge shame that never got a home release.

DoctorDolemite

Frank Black from the TV show Millennium.

chromhart

Liked him in Damien : the Omen II

WadeF

I loved him as the villain in Hard Target, when I was a kid. 

I have to give honorable mentions to Near Dark, which is great, and his appearance in the Hannibal tv series. 

Sabres21768

My favorite Lance Henriksen role will always be as Bishop in ALIENS.

JungleHunter87

It might be a small role. But, I gotta go with Lance in THE TERMINATOR as Detective Hal Vukovich.

His chemistry with Paul Winfield is great. I know Lance mentioned in an interview. That a network thought about doing a detective tv show with both of them. Due to their rapport.

ChristopherMoonlight

So many great roles. I forgot about Tron Uprising. That was a really great animated series. Thank you so much for hosting this competition.

Alien13

Other than his Aliens role...I would say Hard Target.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed