THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018)

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 23, 2018, 05:22:16 PM

Author
THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018) (Read 25,209 times)

Wysps

Quote from: Nathsp on Aug 31, 2018, 08:39:13 AM
Yes I was refering to the whole idea of it, not the inteligence of the character.
About the joker, its a comic, and the better aproach would be that now the joker become a giant mutated monster with joker dogs that also use make up...
The predator from stan windston was perfect, the tribal aspect, the weapons, all of it make it unique, shane black removed all of this and transform it into another big cgi monster, the idea while can be great to see sounds lazy, its the same as any other modern movie, megalodon whoaaa a bigger shark...
About the aliens, cameron remove the individual inteligence of it, but gave them something more powerfull, a society, a collective inteligence, a realistic and more efficient lifecycle.
And dont get me wrong, i really hope the best from the movie, its just that the idea of the upgrade is to stupid, lazy and unnecesary, a smaller guy that hits hard is cooler than a big guy doing the same

While I still think the premise a bit absurd and don't see Shane Black as the most appropriate person to helm the project, the film has already gone through several re-shoots, with test audiences being used as a guide to improve the story.  It also wouldn't surprise me if some important individuals lurked here to get better insight into what fans are looking forward to seeing.  What may have started as a bizarre Predator movie could potentially end up being something entertaining and maybe exceed expectations.  It would also do us all good (including me) to leave enough space in our "opinions" as we go into the movie.  We may be surprised at how enjoyable the movie is if we go in with a more open mindset.  Not necessarily open-minded per se, but a more neutral baseline instead of setting the movie up for failure from the get go.

Nathsp

So rocky looks cooler being smaller than the other guy, you are agree with me then than smaller are cooler.
The tribal aspect, do you see any remains of the predator in the design,  that modern armor of the fugitive is standard.
You seem that dont understand me, its not the villain, its in what he has transform it, imagine that they do a movie about darth vader but now he has 4 arms and lasers in the eyes, or the next joker is now a super smart and crazy koala.. The predator was already a great villain, he has transform it into a gian cgi monster, roarrr pew pew.. Its something that now is in every movie, everything has to be hulk size, and as rocky bigger is not better, i prefer the small guy hitting hard than the big cgi monster.
But its true that we have to wait until the movie, for me the plot seems stupid and unnecesary, and if i have a great time in the movie i will say it, damn i was sceptik about jurassic world and ended having fun in the cinema, hope it happens again.
Anyway I dont trust "shame" black, iron man 3 is so bad...

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nathsp on Aug 31, 2018, 04:58:50 PM
So rocky looks cooler being smaller than the other guy, you are agree with me then than smaller are cooler.

The thing is you want the predator to be the hero so much... He ain't.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Nope. The antagonist is cool being bigger. Dont be daft.

QuoteThe tribal aspect, do you see any remains of the predator in the design,

Definitely still looks like a predator to me.

QuoteYou seem that dont understand me, its not the villain, its in what he has transform it, imagine that they do a movie about darth vader but now he has 4 arms and lasers in the eyes, or the next joker is now a super smart and crazy koala..

Yeah spot on with the comparison 👍

QuoteThe predator was already a great villain, he has transform it into a gian cgi monster, roarrr pew pew.. Its something that now is in every movie, everything has to be hulk size, and as rocky bigger is not better, i prefer the small guy hitting hard than the big cgi monster.

"Roarrr pew pew" f**king hell, Petr, you're not fooling anyone ::)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 31, 2018, 05:59:35 PM

Nope. The antagonist is cool being bigger. Dont be daft.

QuoteThe tribal aspect, do you see any remains of the predator in the design,

Definitely still looks like a predator to me.

QuoteYou seem that dont understand me, its not the villain, its in what he has transform it, imagine that they do a movie about darth vader but now he has 4 arms and lasers in the eyes, or the next joker is now a super smart and crazy koala..

Yeah spot on with the comparison 👍

QuoteThe predator was already a great villain, he has transform it into a gian cgi monster, roarrr pew pew.. Its something that now is in every movie, everything has to be hulk size, and as rocky bigger is not better, i prefer the small guy hitting hard than the big cgi monster.

"Roarrr pew pew" f**king hell, Petr, you're not fooling anyone ::)

Well, looks like we got an overkill here  :laugh:

Nathsp

Everyone has its own opinion, overkill? Dont think so, just diferent opinions, for me a regular predator is perfect as it is, i dont need a "upgrade", and dont need preds with dreads..
In two weeks we will see, and if i enjoy the movie im gonna say it, some of the trailer looks nice

Hollywood

...imagine that they do a movie about darth vader but now he has 4 arms and lasers in the eyes, or the next joker is now a super smart and crazy koala...

Anyway I dont trust "shame" black

"Just different opinions" lol

Quote from: Nathsp on Aug 31, 2018, 08:35:11 PM
i dont need a "upgrade", and dont need preds with dreads..

Hate to break it to you but all Predators have had dreads...  :o

Huggs

Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 31, 2018, 09:04:32 PM

Well now you've gone an ruined the surprise. Get some spoiler tags on that thing.  ;)

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Nathsp on Aug 31, 2018, 08:39:13 AM
Yes I was refering to the whole idea of it, not the inteligence of the character.
About the joker, its a comic, and the better aproach would be that now the joker become a giant mutated monster with joker dogs that also use make up...
The predator from stan windston was perfect, the tribal aspect, the weapons, all of it make it unique, shane black removed all of this and transform it into another big cgi monster, the idea while can be great to see sounds lazy, its the same as any other modern movie, megalodon whoaaa a bigger shark...
About the aliens, cameron remove the individual inteligence of it, but gave them something more powerfull, a society, a collective inteligence, a realistic and more efficient lifecycle.
And dont get me wrong, i really hope the best from the movie, its just that the idea of the upgrade is to stupid, lazy and unnecesary, a smaller guy that hits hard is cooler than a big guy doing the same

Yea, I see the point about being a lazy idea. In many cases it happens (studio bring a bigger version of the monster and thinks it's just gonna be cooler that way). But where I think you, and many people miss the point is that a, the same type of predators are present in the movie, and seemingly they will pose a big threat, so the original character will be well represented. B, and it's very important, Assassin seems to have a different type of mindset. It doesn't seem like a mindless beast that is just bigger and cooler, but something really different. That's not the same as just making it better, it's introducing individual aspects of their species. It all depends on how they can make it work.

To be frank, with what you said about Aliens just seems to prove this point. A different aspect was introduced, and well received by many. In my opinion it was just pointless. I hope the Assassin will not be like the Queen from Aliens.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

My issues with the Upgrade Predator would be less so if...

Spoiler
if he didn't kill the Fugitive Predator. But the fact that he does, and essentially replaces him, just annoys me. If you wanna have a big mutant Hulk Predator going around and being a threat cool, but just don't use him to humiliate the classic creature. It's an insult.
[close]

I mean, now that "the hunt has evolved" is every future film (if we even get more) going to feature these new Upgrades? Are we never going back?

Nathsp

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 31, 2018, 09:27:49 PM

Well now you've gone an ruined the surprise. Get some spoiler tags on that thing.  ;)
I was saying dogs, my mistake

Hollywood

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 31, 2018, 09:27:49 PM

Lol my bad :laugh:

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 31, 2018, 10:23:52 PM
My issues with the Upgrade Predator would be less so if...

Spoiler
if he didn't kill the Fugitive Predator. But the fact that he does, and essentially replaces him, just annoys me. If you wanna have a big mutant Hulk Predator going around and being a threat cool, but just don't use him to humiliate the classic creature. It's an insult.
[close]

I'm mean, now that "the hunt has evolved" is every future film (if we even get more) going to feature these new Upgrades? Are we never going back?

Agreed, and good point. If
Spoiler
Fugitive maintained sort of an antagonist role throughout the movie with Upgrade as the core villain that needs to be stopped, and Fugitive manages to eke out a win in the end, that would be one thing... but this new mega roided out pred as the main predator of the story doesn't sit well with me.
[close]
And yeah, once you go the "bigger = better" route, where does it stop? Depending on how it plays out on-screen with what we've heard about Upgrade being a result of one particular faction, we don't necessarily have to revisit the DNA enhancement aspect again... but I wonder if the casual audience member is just going to remember "that huge monster predator who wrecked everyone" with the studio feeling they have to continue "upping the stakes" with more dramatic and attention-grabbing threats.

Wysps

Well, the "upping the stakes with more dramatic and attention-grabbing threats" is par for the course - the franchise needs to progress in some form - but I'd consider having the films escalate with bigger, badder Predators each time a legitimate concern.

The Old One

The Old One

Anybody got any bright ideas for the future of "Predator" as a franchise that isn't leeching off Alien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed