Wolf cleaning through the hive?

Started by Docta Jekyll, Sep 23, 2007, 04:16:01 AM

Author
Wolf cleaning through the hive? (Read 4,841 times)

Porkus Maximus

QuoteThe entire premise of him nuking the aliens simply to kill them (without honor) rests on the idea that predators have some sort of care that aliens may destroy humanity.

If they didn't care then they why would they go to such lengths to have a contained hunting ritual?  Why not just seed the planet with alien eggs and let nature take its course?  I think they do care about keeping us alive, even if it's only so they can kill us later.

Snowfox

Snowfox

If you're talking about the one in AvP 1...

... that was because it was in AvP 1.

Still, if we have to abide that AvP 1 somehow dictates how aliens and preds are, you have a point.

Cromartie

Cromartie

Maybe he is a Blazer after All!

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

Quote from: Kal Skirata on Sep 27, 2007, 12:51:23 PM
Maybe he is a Blazer after All!

a what????

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Sep 23, 2007, 04:24:06 AM
Well common sense dictates if you're going to exterminate a species, you have to clean out their hive.  Don't agree with one Pred going it alone though.  Not unless the bugs are really few in number.

i think most of them are busy attacking the humans in the street, where the mitlitary vehicles and barricades are set up. So its not like the whole hive would be crawling with aliens.

Crom

Crom

Tossing off the wrist nuke was garbage because if he was really down there to hunt, he should have well, hunted instead of just dropping a bomb and running away on his sled. 

As someone else pointed out there is nothing honorable about it.  He's down there to rack up kills and prove his manhood, he should have gone down like the Pred in the flashback, otherwise what was the point?

Oh and yeah I misspoke about the detonation on the side of the building in P2.  I meant the initiation of the bomb, the fact that the Predator even started the countdown there was really weak.

SiL

SiL

Fit the bill perfectly.

Pred had been shot up something nasty, the jig was up, and he was dangling helplessly on the side of a building. He was beat, so he did what any other Predator would do; go out like a sissy and take everyone down with him.

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

quote author=Crom link=topic=6040.msg105314#msg105314 date=1190937652]

Tossing off the wrist nuke was garbage because if he was really down there to hunt, he should have well, hunted instead of just dropping a bomb and running away on his sled. 

As someone else pointed out there is nothing honorable about it.  He's down there to rack up kills and prove his manhood, he should have gone down like the Pred in the flashback, otherwise what was the point?

Oh and yeah I misspoke about the detonation on the side of the building in P2.  I meant the initiation of the bomb, the fact that the Predator even started the countdown there was really weak.
[/quote]
Yeah the Predator was, by their standards, a coward in AvP....he should've stayed and fought why did he run anyway?[

SiL

SiL

Cos if he stayed and fought he'd have his ass handed to him.

He wasn't in a position where he'd been beaten, he simply realised the odds were stacked unfavourably against him. The ritual dictated he had to get an Alien kill and get out alive; nothing saying he couldn't blow up the pyramid.

Snowfox

Snowfox

To be fair, in the pred movies we don't ever really see a predator taking on something that it doesn't have an advantage over.

Highland

Highland

i think he knew the queen was unleashed also, hence the quick getaway...

Chaotic-Strike

Im pretty sure that in avp it basicly says at that flash back that if the aliens won the predators made sure none survived so he knew he couldnt win and thus uses the nuke

Highland

Highland

true, but i'm pretty sure the death star parked out front could have handled 10 aliens and a queen....  ;)

Crom

Crom

Quote from: SiL on Sep 28, 2007, 12:13:16 AM
Fit the bill perfectly.

Pred had been shot up something nasty, the jig was up, and he was dangling helplessly on the side of a building. He was beat, so he did what any other Predator would do; go out like a sissy and take everyone down with him.

The very fact that he survives the fall and is able to battle the whole rest of the movie makes the scene even more ridiculous.  Obviously the jig wasn't up, Pussyface was just a pussy.

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: highlandpred on Sep 28, 2007, 12:21:51 AM
true, but i'm pretty sure the death star parked out front could have handled 10 aliens and a queen....  ;)
Your forgetting whose writeing this stuff  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed