Wolf cleaning through the hive?

Started by Docta Jekyll, Sep 23, 2007, 04:16:01 AM

Author
Wolf cleaning through the hive? (Read 4,839 times)

Docta Jekyll

oops, did I beat you to it?

Porkus Maximus

What I expect will happen is aliens will attack him either 1 at a time or in very small groups so that he can easily handle them, making him look HARDCORE etc. etc.

It'll be like Ripley in ALIENS.  She goes back to rescue Newt, finds herself at the very heart of the hive and encounters a grand total of maybe... 3 aliens?  I never did buy that there wern't more aliens around but it's the only way it could be believable for Ripley to get in and out again without getting munched.  If Wolf encountered a real swarm of aliens on their home turf I don't care how many shoulder cannons he has, he'd get deaded.  Since Wolf can't die until the end (or possibly not at all) then he'll only be put in situations that can be easily handled.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Crom on Sep 23, 2007, 09:17:32 AM
The whole idea of Predator's just tossing off their wrist nuke's is really dumb.  Even though I really hated the Pred in P2's detonation on the side of the building, (anyone who is a Predator fan and gives this scene a pass is really forgiving too much) and the teamup, the fact that Scar just tossed off his wrist nuke was garbage.

Why? It shows intelligence. Why sacrifice itself, if it isn't necessary? They do it when there's no other choice and are already as good as dead. If they're still very much alive and have all their equipment, why would they want to commit suicide to achieve the same result?

Let's not turn them into extraterrestrial versions of Al Qaeda, please. :)

Teaming up with Lex, eh... I don't know. If you watch the scene, it isn't like the Predator is considering her a best friend or anything. In fact, it seems to exhibit a total lack of care. It's using her to cover its back, if anything at all.

Later on, it marks her, sure, but that's more or less the same gesture as Harrigan getting the gun.

I'm not a fan of it, but I don't detest it, either.

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 24, 2007, 01:13:01 PM
It'll be like Ripley in ALIENS.  She goes back to rescue Newt, finds herself at the very heart of the hive and encounters a grand total of maybe... 3 aliens?  I never did buy that there wern't more aliens around but it's the only way it could be believable for Ripley to get in and out again without getting munched.

Yeah, but most of them were also still in the colony, trudging back with Hudson, apparently. They had no need to rush. Might even have chosen to take the same awkward route back, through the floors and ceilings, to avoid the sentry guns again. They would not have been able to cover the same distance as the dropship had.

Docta Jekyll

"Why? It shows intelligence. Why sacrifice itself, if it isn't necessary? They do it when there's no other choice and are already as good as dead. If they're still very much alive and have all their equipment, why would they want to commit suicide to achieve the same result?"

because the predators have an established code of honor, if they can't win, or are in an unwinable situation, you scarifice yourself, thats how they roll, AVP pretty much shat on that completely, predator using the bomb as a weapon in combat, they might as well have just all gone in, dropped their bombs from the start, and left if it was that easy, and if the bombs were counted as another part of their arsenol.

but no, they are last resort, when they've lost, and don't plan on winning, self destruct mechanisms

truthfully, even if Scar had survived the whole ordeal, he shouldn't have been treated with any respect at all.

and don't get me started on the team up, please don't

Master

Master

When I hear Predator + teamup, I want to break a neck of script writer to first AvP film. Getting Hulkish green, roaring and doing unpredictible things.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 24, 2007, 01:13:01 PM
What I expect will happen is aliens will attack him either 1 at a time or in very small groups so that he can easily handle them, making him look HARDCORE etc. etc.

It'll be like Ripley in ALIENS.  She goes back to rescue Newt, finds herself at the very heart of the hive and encounters a grand total of maybe... 3 aliens?  I never did buy that there wern't more aliens around but it's the only way it could be believable for Ripley to get in and out again without getting munched.  If Wolf encountered a real swarm of aliens on their home turf I don't care how many shoulder cannons he has, he'd get deaded.  Since Wolf can't die until the end (or possibly not at all) then he'll only be put in situations that can be easily handled.

I quote - "they're wall to wall in there!"

a lot of the aliens probably got killed during this fire fight.

This may have been answered elsewhere in the forum but does anyone know roughly how many aliens will be in this movie and if so what's the source?

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

^^^^^^^^^^
also in case you didnt notice the few aliens that were there withdrew back to their hiding spots, probably because the queen told them to back off (somehow...). Anyway, the camera only SHOWED three of them or so, there may have been more.

And yeah, they probably just werent around. Why would drones just be loafing in the hive?

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

i think that alot of the aliens weere off on their way back with hudson, there probably just wasnt visable threat so they had a low guard count maybe 5-10 ish

avpmad!

avpmad!

would be an idea for a pred to clean out a hive

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 25, 2007, 04:20:28 AM
because the predators have an established code of honor, if they can't win, or are in an unwinable situation, you scarifice yourself, thats how they roll, AVP pretty much shat on that completely, predator using the bomb as a weapon in combat, they might as well have just all gone in, dropped their bombs from the start, and left if it was that easy, and if the bombs were counted as another part of their arsenol.

but no, they are last resort, when they've lost, and don't plan on winning, self destruct mechanisms

truthfully, even if Scar had survived the whole ordeal, he shouldn't have been treated with any respect at all.

and don't get me started on the team up, please don't

Wasn't the entire point of the ritual to either fall on your proverbial sword or survive it, using any method you can? To gain respect through the act of doing so?

'Scar' did not feel there would be any need to retain that specific device, once out of the area. If it wasn't for the Queen, that logic would have been correct. Why commit suicide if he/she/it knew there would be no need to?

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

Yeah! I agree with ^^^this^^^ guy!

The predators do use a nuke, but only when they are beaten so their enemy doesnt survive.

They dont kamikaze for no reason!

The Chibi Kiriyama

I always thought the Predators were just interested in a magnificent way to go out, from what's seen in the first films. A climatic finish doesn't necessitate the use of their self destruct device, though it seems to be their preference.

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 27, 2007, 01:05:33 AM
I always thought the Predators were just interested in a magnificent way to go out, from what's seen in the first films. A climatic finish doesn't necessitate the use of their self destruct device, though it seems to be their preference.

Still, if he suicide bombed the hive on earth, none of his predator pals would no about it. His death would have no legacy.

Snowfox

Snowfox

The entire premise of him nuking the aliens simply to kill them (without honor) rests on the idea that predators have some sort of care that aliens may destroy humanity.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: The_Kuff on Sep 27, 2007, 01:22:27 AMStill, if he suicide bombed the hive on earth, none of his predator pals would no about it. His death would have no legacy.

The Predator of the first film didn't seem to have a problem with that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed