The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 20, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

Do you think they should make another AVP film?

Yes, continuing from the previous films.
Yes, but disregarding the previous AVP films (New continuity)
No, they should be kept seperate.
No, the  AVP movies messed up the franchise.
Not sure/maybe.
Author
The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise (Read 23,402 times)

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

If they would make both creatures on equal terms, I'm for another one. I cannot see that, though.
The Aliens are pets, favorite toys. The Grid Alien is the only one where you get the assumption that both creatures can kill each other 1vs1.
I presume the fandom just wants another Predator movie with Xenos ready to be slaughtered. I don't need that.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Oct 10, 2018, 12:18:26 PM
I presume the fandom just wants another Predator movie with Xenos ready to be slaughtered. I don't need that.
No offence dude but you are seriously misreading the fandom if you think that, there is a lot of folk on here that is upset because the Aliens were cannon fodder in the last AVP movie, very few fans would want such a one-side fight. Just read the forums and you will realise that a lot of fans want a proper equal fight.

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

Yeah?
That's good to know, then. Maybe I read too much ytube comments.

SM

You shouldn't read any Youtube comments.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that's a really good policy.

CristianoRonaldo7

This movies could be bigger it would be more ACTION and MORE PG-13.

Like a SUPERHERO movie. ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR in a Huge budget.

Wysps

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Oct 16, 2018, 01:11:18 AM
This movies could be bigger it would be more ACTION and MORE PG-13.

Like a SUPERHERO movie. ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR in a Huge budget.

I'd probably agree that an AVP movie would more appropriately warrant a large scale budget as opposed to a regular Predator movie. Many of the stories take place during the space colonization era and the Alien infestations in AVP typically happen on worlds and are expansive - the threat of colonized planets being overrun, not small isolated incidents on ships or uninhabited planets. A lot of the stories are so large scale compared to Predator, a big budget is probably what they need... (though my hopes of that happening are slim to none.)

The Old One

The Old One

No film future then.

Maybe in videogames again though.

Wysps

Seems like the most practical direction for the future, in any event.

Nyarlathotep

Personally I don't believe in the franchises crossing over in film. EU is fair game though in my opinion.

Frosty Venom

I would love to see an AVP film done right though. But I'd also be happy with a game or anthology novel for the moment.

The Old One

The Old One

Games #1.

Corporal Hicks

It's definitely worked better in the other mediums but I still hope to God we'll get a good AvP film one day. I genuinely think they do it.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 18, 2018, 12:03:01 PM
It's definitely worked better in the other mediums but I still hope to God we'll get a good AvP film one day. I genuinely think they do it.
With Disney being in charge (presuming they don't end up permanently shelving both series) I could see it honestly happening as well.

Wysps

Me too.  I actually think it has a decent shot under Disney (they've been doing large-scale, expansive films well in recent years).  In any event, I'd be willing to wait longer for a decent film rather than rushing to push something out sooner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed