The Predator TV Spots Thread

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Aug 03, 2018, 10:49:07 PM

Author
The Predator TV Spots Thread (Read 121,715 times)

SyntaX

SyntaX

To me it seems that the Fugitive dies pretty late in the movie to show just how powerfull the Brute is.
I'm all up for just ONE Predator and ONE Brute ... we'll see :-) If this movie captures that supsense again I'm fine.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 09, 2018, 09:11:08 PM
Oh, so the new predator can change colour? It's not that the CGI has changed, in the latest video up above my post you can see him shift colours

https://giphy.com/gifs/PPktDaxp61W9PgeUIeHmm, not sure how to embed a gif

https://imgur.com/oC86CRU

He changes from that light colour to that dark grey

Here you go, Hicks.

Thanks for sharing that, it's really obvious there.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2018, 10:40:31 AM
Oh, so the new predator can change colour? It's not that the CGI has changed, in the latest video up above my post you can see him shift colours

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="oC86CRU"><a href="//imgur.com/oC86CRU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here you go, Hicks.

Yeah, I just don't know what purpose it serves... Is it just a chameleon thing or is that like his skin hardening into armor?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ContraDiction on Aug 10, 2018, 04:22:50 AM
Anyone else notice the quick "Over here" at the cut of Upgrades thermal vision of Fugitive?

Yeah, that's definitely in there. I kinda liked that one but I really hope they don't over-do the reused dialogue. I can't stand it in sequels. If any "get to the chopper" line ends up in this, I'ma cry.

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 10, 2018, 10:47:18 AM
Yeah, I just don't know what purpose it serves... Is it just a chameleon thing or is that like his skin hardening into armor?

I'd assume some sort of armour.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Doesn't look like "armor" to me. Perhaps this is his ability to blend in, sort of like the cloak on regular Predators.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 10, 2018, 10:47:18 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2018, 10:40:31 AM

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="oC86CRU"><a href="//imgur.com/oC86CRU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here you go, Hicks.

Maybe a bit of both, most obvious are the shoulders and legs. They look very meaty and shiny, also have that typical brownish Predator colour, but then change to a more hard shell-like skin, with spikes, also gets a bit bulkier. Definitely some kind of defense mechanism.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: SyntaX on Aug 10, 2018, 10:50:44 AM
Doesn't look like "armor" to me. Perhaps this is his ability to blend in, sort of like the cloak on regular Predators.

I am sure it's armor, like in Elder Scrolls games where you can use magic to harden your own skin.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

The 'over here' won't be in the final film. A majority of the Pred sounds are just placeholders until final sound mix is complete. The recycled Predator clicks won't be there either and will no doubt be replaced by a poor imitation that sounds nothing like the iconic originals. We haven't had a decent sounding Predator since P2.

skull-splitter

In the Netherlands we had some new mix of a trailer, starts out like the first one, includes lines from the second but it never shows the upgrade.

Cool to see it on the big screen none the less.

Feeds On Minds

The upgrade is seriously growing on me.  I think it's interesting how it's "evolved", yet comes off as very primal and primitive; stripping away technology for more natural and traditional hunting advantages.
If it's able to camouflage itself by changing it's skin rather than cloaking, I think that would be f**king amazing and potentially terrifying.
God help me I'm pumped for this...not looking forward to that serious let down next month.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Hmm.. the growing armour thing is quite interesting.
So i'm going to guess his armoured mode is much heavier and less agile than his normal state, requiring him to become vulnerable in order to climb, etc.
Maybe this could come into play during the final battle...?

It also makes me think he'll have some kind of Indominus Rex style colour change as opposed to technological cloaking.

ContraDiction

ContraDiction

Yeah, that was my thought, just filler for the trailer. Agreed on your other point. Damn shame...

skull-splitter

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Aug 10, 2018, 01:27:16 PM
The upgrade is seriously growing on me.  I think it's interesting how it's "evolved", yet comes off as very primal and primitive; stripping away technology for more natural and traditional hunting advantages.
If it's able to camouflage itself by changing it's skin rather than cloaking, I think that would be f**king amazing and potentially terrifying.
God help me I'm pumped for this...not looking forward to that serious let down next month.
So splicing your dna to hack your body to do things you needed advanced technology for is natural how again? It's Deus Ex all over again.

D88M

D88M

I dont see that "skin change" but the change in design is very drastic, what is the point and idea behind that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed