Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots

Started by Johnny Handsome, Jul 31, 2018, 04:50:31 PM

Author
Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots (Read 28,019 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Very interesting interview.

*Embedded video. Hicks.

Xerxész

So, the film will be around 1 hour 40 minutes...
Could have been a little longer, but we'll see.

The Old One

The Old One

Often times films, even good ones drag on too long- so I'm glad to hear that.

BR2049 I think is a good example of an excellent film that drags.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 31, 2018, 05:21:59 PM
So, the film will be around 1 hour 40 minutes...
Could have been a little longer, but we'll see.
Yeah a bit disappointed by that to be honest, but not surprised. They had to cut two Predators, a whole military character and a swarm of monsters. Going by the leaked script the movie, in it's original intend, would have been well over two hours long.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

:-[

QuoteTetsujin Today at 04:48:23 PM

QuoteJohnny Handsome Today at 04:50:31 PM

Corporal Hicks

I don't really care how long it is as long as the runtime suits the film. I also don't think we'll be seeing any alternate cut with those missing Predators either. Shane is such a cool dude, though. I can't get enough of listening to him and the cast talking about this film. Interesting to hear him talk about his emphasis on how the Predator behaves too.

von

von

Very informative. Enjoyed it. I'm actually so glad n relieved that he mentioned about the tribal nature of predators in contrast with their advanced technology, suggesting different factions and a society! Explains the the choice of a non-tribal yet modern look n feel of Fugitive's armor

yautjapet

A lot of the stuff that came out of comic con was kind of fluffy, but this interview was pretty interesting. I like that he seemed to clarify that it is just one faction of predators "roiding out" and "cheating" (and I appreciate that he uses the word cheating because that's how I feel about the DNA upgrading thing!) and I hope that's made clear in the movie. 

Valaquen

I really love Shane Black. He's a swell guy. Really, really looking forward to this movie.

Xan21

I don't care how cool and nice he comes across... Colin Trevorrow is a great guy too yet Jurassic World 1 and 2 were mediocre.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xan21 on Jul 31, 2018, 07:29:04 PM
I don't care how cool and nice he comes across... Colin Trevorrow is a great guy too yet Jurassic World 1 and 2 were mediocre.

Black is more skilled though

georgeromero

And here I was hoping we might get an alternate cut of the movie. I was actually interested in some of the weird stuff the movie offered in the first place. Anyway I need me some anxiety pills till The Predator gets released.

OpenMaw

From where I sat a few months ago on this movie I honestly think Shane Black managed to save this film from being the Alien Resurrection of the Predator franchise.

Thank you, Mr. Black.

Jango1201

Everything sounds good so far so lets see how this all translates to film. Off topic but Thomas Jane looks sick. Is this  the result of him getting into character?

Huggs

City Hunter was a "champion"?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed