Can we talk about Disney now and the future of the ALIEN franchise?

Started by LiquidMonster, Jul 30, 2018, 04:17:32 PM

Author
Can we talk about Disney now and the future of the ALIEN franchise? (Read 4,863 times)

Xenomorph60

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 12, 2018, 04:35:38 PM
They are getting their share from the angry Star Wars mob already.
They are trying to get revenge for Star War 's death.

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenomorph60 on Aug 12, 2018, 08:25:09 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 12, 2018, 04:35:38 PM
They are getting their share from the angry Star Wars mob already.
They are trying to get revenge for Star War 's death.

They should grow up.

SM

srsly

Did someone kill the Star War?

whiterabbit

How could star wars die. Yet now the alien franchise is in limbo support.

OpenMaw

I think Solo is a prime example of just how quickly you can either war out your audience or drive a franchise off course and into the ground.

Xenomorph60

Has anyone seen The Last Jedi? Trust me when I say Star Wars(at least the movies) are dead.

SM

People who say 'trust me' are not to be trusted.

Local Trouble

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 12, 2018, 10:12:43 PM
I think Solo is a prime example of just how quickly you can either war out your audience or drive a franchise off course and into the ground.
Solo was alright, it was tlj that sucked. :P

However yes it is a prime example. Think back to alien 3, I think it's fair to say that most people wanted more aliens and rip and hicks kicking ass. Instead they went a different route and while good, it wasn't what people wanted. Thus the air was let out of the entire system.

Hate to say it but Star Wars is Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. You can make things that are in the star wars universe but when someone promises a star wars movie we assumed it was going to be a star wars movie. Instead what we have now is star wars generation 2 masquerading as star wars. Check please!

Huggs

If there were to be any thoughts of toning down the material to pg-13 levels, or using the franchise to advance some kind (unnamed) political narrative like the star wars franchise is doing right now, then I'd rather the novels took over permanently and no more films be made.

SM

426Buddy

whiterabbit

Trust is a powerful thing. You don't see xenomorphs not trusting each other. Well except for that bit on the Auriga but we don't like to talk about it.

Xenomorph60

The future for Alien gets grimmer by the day. After this honestly I think Alien needs to die for a bit because at this point it seems that if they did continue it it would be horrible. Until the future of it is in better hands it should probably lay low...sadly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed