Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 81,480 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I believe because Shane Black approached FOX with the stipulation it had to be an event film.
Then he hired his friends, Fred Dekker included- which may have not been the best choice.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 10, 2018, 10:10:02 AM
Then he hired his friends, Fred Dekker included- which may have not been the best choice.

Agreed.

With Italy, France, and the big player China still to go.. and if the predictions are right and it grosses $180 Million total, I have no doubt that there will definitely be another Predator film made at some point. Different creative team, slightly lower budget, but Predator will be back.

As Harrigan said... "Don't worry, asshole. You'll get another chance."

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 10, 2018, 12:37:40 AM
Box Office: If 'The Predator' Had Only Cost As Much As 'Predators,' It Would Already Be A Hit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/08/box-office-if-the-predator-only-cost-as-much-as-predators-it-wouldve-been-a-hit/
That's what i said all along, the gross so far is pretty decent, with a couple of big markets yet to come... that budget though.

I'm a die hard Predator fan, but even i wouldn't have approved that budget, 60 million and it would all be fine.

Looking at it, it really doesn't matter though, the mouse takes over soon and i can see them selling Predator, Alien, Die Hard.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 10, 2018, 02:16:41 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 10, 2018, 12:37:40 AM
Box Office: If 'The Predator' Had Only Cost As Much As 'Predators,' It Would Already Be A Hit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/08/box-office-if-the-predator-only-cost-as-much-as-predators-it-wouldve-been-a-hit/
That's what i said all along, the gross so far is pretty decent, with a couple of big markets yet to come... that budget though.

I'm a die hard Predator fan, but even i wouldn't have approved that budget, 60 million and it would all be fine.

Looking at it, it really doesn't matter though, the mouse takes over soon and i can see them selling Predator, Alien, Die Hard.

Very true. And to the right people, it may be a decision that benefits us fans. In that sense, I'm not all that worried. At least future producers may have a better idea of what works on screen for the franchise at this point. Maybe leave the larger scale productions for a time when the story and interest match the budget.

skull-splitter

If anything, the Mouse has proven to be able to monetize even the least known characters and franchises. Selling them off would be most illogical.

SiL

SiL

Fox is looking to continue operating as Fox, just under Disney (there's a post about it in the Alien board). So instead of "A News Corp Company" at the bottom of the Fox logo you'll see "A Disney Company." It's the perfect opportunity for Disney to get adult-oriented content made and distributed without affecting the core Disney brand, much like they did with Miramax.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Oct 12, 2018, 11:49:43 AM
Fox is looking to continue operating as Fox, just under Disney (there's a post about it in the Alien board). So instead of "A News Corp Company" at the bottom of the Fox logo you'll see "A Disney Company." It's the perfect opportunity for Disney to get adult-oriented content made and distributed without affecting the core Disney brand, much like they did with Miramax.
That would actually be pretty cool, you get the best out of both worlds, a new creative team behind successful blockbusters and the FOX fanfare before the movies.

skull-splitter

If you expected anything else that'd be naive...

genocyber

Gonna be a tough sell to make the Predator be intimidating to audiences after the Iron Man armor.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: genocyber on Oct 12, 2018, 06:53:16 PM
Gonna be a tough sell to make the Predator be intimidating to audiences after the Iron Man armor.

Not if it breaks, or the first person to use it accidentally transports themselves to another dimension with it. Likely somebody's living room on the predator homeworld.

And besides, there's really only one true "predator killer". As far as engaging and killing en masse goes, that is.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 12, 2018, 07:42:58 PMAnd besides, there's really only one true "predator killer". As far as engaging and killing en masse goes, that is.

I think you meant to say "predator fodder"  ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Grid isn't the example I would use to say Predators are superior lol

genocyber

Shit like that makes me miss the AVP movies.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 12, 2018, 08:02:34 PM
Grid isn't the example I would use to say Predators are superior lol

lol, true, however it's a fun gif to use for this occasion!  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 12, 2018, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 12, 2018, 07:42:58 PMAnd besides, there's really only one true "predator killer". As far as engaging and killing en masse goes, that is.

I think you meant to say "predator fodder"  ;)

https://expresselevatortohell.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/grid-vs-celtic-avp-aliens-vs-predator.gif

Ah yes, right before he was killed by the alien.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed