Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 81,521 times)

BishopShouldGo

I have no idea why this movie is performing this way, but it's baffling and I do think a Predator movie can still do very well.

I always urge people to compare the box office success of the original The Terminator and Predator, both pretty similar with Predator grossing a bit more a few years later. Then look at the creative decisions with Terminator 2(and Lethal Weapon 2 and Die Hard 2, the main characters returned) vs. Predator 2, where the main character did not return.

I feel like if The Predator was the sequel that came out in 1990, things would be different for the better now.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: goose_3387 on Sep 17, 2018, 06:45:50 PM
Need a mortgage for Vue and Odeon food and drink prices.

That joke got old, very quickly.  :laugh:

goose_3387

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2018, 06:48:19 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Sep 17, 2018, 06:45:50 PM
Need a mortgage for Vue and Odeon food and drink prices.

That joke got old, very quickly.  :laugh:

I can imagine. Haha!

I always wanted the work at a cinema, just to see what went on. I imagine it's not as fun you who think it would be...

Corporal Hicks

It was a nice and easy job. Bit of retail, bit of cleaning, get free films on the off-day.

goose_3387

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2018, 06:51:30 PM
It was a nice and easy job. Bit of retail, bit of cleaning, get free films on the off-day.

Free films FTW. :)

Beans81

Just saw the official twitter account post saying #1 movie in the world. Bit awkward that one  :-\

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Beans81 on Sep 17, 2018, 08:57:12 PM
Just saw the official twitter account post saying #1 movie in the world. Bit awkward that one  :-\

The denial is strong.

MudButt

In terms of box office it is because it was literally #1 at the box office this weekend. All movies say this once they open at number 1 over the weekend, regardless if the weekend gross isn't that big.

Biomechanoid

And other factors like total number of movies available and overall weekend attendance compared to other weekends in 2018. It appears this weekend did not have a high turnout overall. Only four other weekends had lower revenue than this weekend according to BOM. I suppose folks are getting some last summer outdoor activities in before the cold hits.

If The Predator had been released in June - high revenue weekends of the big releases - it may not have even broke into the top 10-15 for its debut.

Also, The Predator's competition for this weekend....... It's strongest competitor was The Nun, not exactly a box office heavyweight. Nor did its widest opening release hamper it's performance, at 4,037 theaters, which is about average. Black Panther widest opening release was fewer than that.

So yea, at the moment it's number one, but it has an ugly asterisk next to it.

whiterabbit

Alright guys, I'll go get a shovel and start digging the hole.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 17, 2018, 11:21:59 PM
Alright guys, I'll go get a shovel and start digging the hole.

I'll go in on a bag of manure and some daisy seeds. We're going to need something to say when the time comes. Do you think Lindelof would be willing to write something for us?

Beans81

Thanks for explaining that to me chaps...I had no idea

Psshreallygreat

Psshreallygreat

I like the film ! But it was just full off dumb ideas, don't have a predator film with kids in especially trick or treating?? Why do we need predator dogs ?? If he's a big badass upgraded pred he doesn't need them,  best scene for me was the predator lab escape very AVP game like  ;D  ::)

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: goose_3387 on Sep 17, 2018, 06:50:19 PMI always wanted the work at a cinema, just to see what went on. I imagine it's not as fun you who think it would be...

I'd say as I did work experience in a budget cinema while at high school. If not for having to sit in for repetitive peformances seeing even your favourite movie 3 times per day in a row got old very quickly.

zackpred12

Is it just me, or is everyone else curious as to why Black hasn't said a word since the movie's release.  I would imagine that it's due to the scandal and poor response. I mean is he running away from it?  Or is it normal for a director to keep his/her mouth shut for a brief period after their films debut?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed