Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 79,957 times)

Suing Oliver Munn

Suing Oliver Munn

#255
..., you have got to be deluded if you think a producer would even consider suing her.
The director, writer, producers  are all utterly terrified of being called out.
And quite right too.
Feel for the cast and crew.
Seriously what a utterly horrible scenario

Soooo....

Soooo....

#256
Some of you blame an actor for being subjected to working with a sexual child predator and not reporting it.
How would you feel if you were employed to work with a convicted child groomer.... or your kids.....and your employer knew all along ... the role this pedo played says it all. A joke to far- right Shane ...
Anyway - You would want it reported- right
Shane Black is over.
His silence is deafening
Game Over

Huggs

Huggs

#257
Quote from: MudButt on Sep 18, 2018, 05:58:22 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 18, 2018, 03:44:48 PM
I was reading on Wikipedia about how this was supposed to set up two sequels that Shane would be directing. I just don't see that happening.

Does anyone else think he'll ever work (or be allowed to work) on these movies again? Or that this particular storyline is even going to continue?

Based off of the controversy he definitely won't be allowed to work on a large budget movie with Fox anytime soon.

Yeah. I was referring to the Predator franchise in particular. I just can't see him ever being allowed near it again.

On a side note, do you think they'll try to explain this one away as a "dream sequence"?   :D If so, I wonder who would be the one dreaming? I vote Traeger. So then there would be no need for McKenna, the loonies, Munn, the kid, Upgrade, the dogs with dreads, the comedy, etc. Basically erase the whole movie. Let's just see him get woken up in the next one. The dialogue could be:

"You Good?"

"Yeah, just a bad dream"

"Nightmare?"

"I'll say. Was like a Shane Black Movie"

"That bad eh?"

;)

MudButt

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 18, 2018, 08:10:07 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Sep 18, 2018, 05:58:22 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 18, 2018, 03:44:48 PM
I was reading on Wikipedia about how this was supposed to set up two sequels that Shane would be directing. I just don't see that happening.

Does anyone else think he'll ever work (or be allowed to work) on these movies again? Or that this particular storyline is even going to continue?

Based off of the controversy he definitely won't be allowed to work on a large budget movie with Fox anytime soon.

Yeah. I was referring to the Predator franchise in particular. I just can't see him ever being allowed near it again.

On a side note, do you think they'll try to explain this one away as a "dream sequence"?   :D If so, I wonder who would be the one dreaming? I vote Traeger. So then there would be no need for McKenna, the loonies, Munn, the kid, Upgrade, the dogs with dreads, the comedy, etc. Basically erase the whole movie. Let's just see him get woken up in the next one. The dialogue could be:

"You Good?"

"Yeah, just a bad dream"

"Nightmare?"

"I'll say. Was like a Shane Black Movie"

"That bad eh?"

;)

It'll depend on how this movie does financially. It's got a shot to make some money overseas but it looks DOA here in the US. My theory is they'll do a soft reboot and either destroy or ignore that Predator Suit from the end. At this point I won't be surprised if they go trending route of ignoring all of the films and making a sequel to just the first movie in a few years.

whiterabbit

The controversy had no discernible effect on the movies box office tracking and it's soft bow is because the movie wasn't that good. Also you can't sue somebody for reporting a factual claim, the same as the pedo can't sue her for telling everyone that he's a convicted sex offender. Either case would be thrown out. Now if she went around and didn't market the movie or actively did something to disown it before or during it's release would be another story. Yet it didn't even matter.

However this won't have much of any effect on Shane Black's career. Especially when it is obvious the studio interfered. Which is what happens. They recruited him and overall it was the product he produces that they received. Munn on the other hand, has probably done some damaged to her acting career. That comes with the Territory but I doubt she'll be able to accept it in the long term. Yea it's a sexist thing, if Black did what she did no one would care. In fact no one really cares about him hiring his friend. He was edited out for public relations and that's just business. Get scolded, say  sorry; rinse and repeat.

There's not going to be a sequel. The films lack of success doesn't warrant one. It's sad really. Black isn't going to hurt in any way by this failure. Munn may have stifled if not done permanent damage to her career. Worst of all the hundreds of thousands of hard core Predator fans just got place on the back burner "big screen" wise. However as others have said, the rest of the franchise is doing well comic wise. How the gaming side of things?

The Old One

The Old One

#260
The gaming side isn't fantastic where Predator is concerned, AVP 2010 came out the same year as Predators and apart from mobile offerings or cameos we haven't had anything since, where-as it'll soon to be that we'll have had  four Alien games in this timespan between 2010 and when Cold Iron Forge's Alien game releases.

& Then the novels for the Predator are going on the back burner, so all you're left with are comics.

whiterabbit

Well I still say look on the bright side. The Predator is a decent action flick. :)

Serpico Jones

Shane Black's next movie is set up at Netflix, which is perfect for him considering they have the reputation of leaving their creatives alone.

MudButt

Quote from: Serpico Jones on Sep 18, 2018, 09:56:25 PM
Shane Black's next movie is set up at Netflix, which is perfect for him considering they have the reputation of leaving their creatives alone.

It's a movie he had been developing for awhile. There is no confirmation of him directing it or being attached. The headline is very misleading for that news report. Netflix acquired the title as a development title and Black may have done a re-write recently which is why Netflix picked up but nothing has come out saying that it's his next film.

It would be a smart move for him though. A lot of directors/showrunners love these streaming services because they leave the creators alone.

Lalo

Lalo

#264
I never understand why fox never did movies based on the well received dark horse comics or novels since they tried so hard to be like Marvel in this mess. I mean make a movie about the predator Ahab go way to connect Prometheus and aliens, broken tusk another good predator that can be a main stay and main character of the series, hell even the blood time story could be a good avp movie and have the preds do sign language like in the apes film or a film based on bad blood. I'm sick and tired of these movies of being pinned down to be a sequel to The First movie tbh predators had a better shot but it's too late at this point. If disney wants to succeed with this franchise they need to be original stories or base them on successful ones. Rather by tv or film or just stick to making books and comics. This movie deserves to fail fox doesn't know what to do with alien or predator might as well give it to some one who knows what the hell there doing. But thats just me.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 18, 2018, 03:44:48 PM
I was reading on Wikipedia about how this was supposed to set up two sequels that Shane would be directing. I just don't see that happening.

Does anyone else think he'll ever work (or be allowed to work) on these movies again? Or that this particular storyline is even going to continue?

After all the problems, would Black even want to work on Predator again ? If Fox can't let him make the movie he wanted, then why would he want to go through all that again ?

Fox haven't had a clue how to handle the Alien and Predator franchises for a long time now and this movies production problems prove they still don't. I'd certainly lay more blame on Fox than Black, because Blacks other movies are well made and well directed, not messy like The Predator is. I can imagine a lot of the changes came from the studio and they butchered it in editing too.

Nathsp

Nathsp

#266
The problem is not the reshoots or the company messing with black plot, the problem was that the plot and testcreens were so Bad that they tried to save the boat, make no mistake, the problem of the movie is shane black putting a plot that has no sense, spider predators, dogs with dreads... Theres a lot of interesting plots for a predator movie..

Samhain13

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 19, 2018, 01:50:05 PM
The problem is not the reshoots or the company messing with black plot, the problem was that the plot and testcreens were so Bad that they tried to save the boat, make no mistake, the problem of the movie is shane black putting a plot that has no sense, spider predators, dogs with dreads... Theres a lot of interesting plots for a predator movie..

Yep, the studio tried to save the mess but ended up making things worse in the process. There was never much hope as soon Shane got involved.

The Highlander McLeod

The Highlander McLeod

#268
Just like they're doing with the latest Halloween film...

Xan21

Xan21

#269
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 18, 2018, 09:41:56 PM
Well I still say look on the bright side. The Predator is a decent action flick. :)

Uh nope

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News