Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 56,616 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2018, 12:03:37 PM
Last thing we need is gatekeeping.

Don't I know it.

happypred

YA Aliens fiction....now I've seen it all

Next step: the lucrative children's market

SM

You're nearly 40 years late for that one.

Corporal Hicks

Zing! There is some real over-reactions going off in response to this.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, as if Kenner didn't produce an entire line of children's Aliens toys in the 90s :laugh:

Also, there was that Cyberantics thing... Wasn't that a kids' book?

Corporal Hicks

Within the Alien universe, not sure how it was marketed in RL. Still haven't gotten around to reading that yet but it's sat on the bookshelf.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I always found that odd really. Both Predator and Aliens had toys made and both movies were R-rated  :laugh:
It is like these companies are actively expecting parents to let their children watch movies that they shouldn't watch so they sell some toys.
I can't say too much on that matter as I watched horror films as child but that was due to my father, who found it funny to put on the scariest or goriest film he could find.  :laugh:

OpenMaw

There's nothing wrong with kids watching R rated, or even just "scary" movies.

My ex let her daughers watch Godzilla 2014, Cloverfield, The Exorcist, Alien, and Halloween.

Kids love that shit.

If you take away the R-Rated aspect of the Alien and Predator series and just look at the raw details, there's a lot there to exploit and market to kids. You have wonderful set pieces, cool monster designs, gadgets and gizmos. Ideal for playsets, figures, dress up.

About the time I saw the first ALIEN (On TV, brought you by Tylenol.) I also saw the movie "Spaced Invaders" which is a fun little b-movie, in it the little girl is actually wearing a home-made Alien costume for Haloween. I loved that as a kid. I wanted one.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2018, 01:26:26 AM
Nice.  Wasn't expecting this to be announced so soon.

That's what happens when you make the calls. Looks good I'll pick it up, although would prefer all these novels in an audio format on Audiobooks. Except for Covenant Origins of course, that took about 50 nights to finish since it was so great

Xiggz456

After finishing James Moore's "The Predator: Hunters and Hunted" the "About the Author" section mentions he wrote a Y.A. Series. This is an example of an "adult" author that has dabbled in Y.A. Just sayin this upcoming novel has the potential to still be an intense story assuming the author handles it well. It most likely won't be gratuitously gory but I highly doubt that characters will be automatically safe either. Also this book isn't being published by Titan so hopefully we'll be getting a new novel from them as well.

felix

felix

SM

Good to see something a bit different.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, the ACM renders are painful in blandness- although then at least the game was useful in an instance.

Naginata

Hot damn, what a great cover!  :o

Nightmare Asylum

The Alien poster egg in the eyes looks pretty bad. Otherwise, nice. Better than the crap Titan's been using.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed