AI Fixed by Correcting a Single Letter?

Started by Nukiemorph, Jul 14, 2018, 01:39:44 AM

Author
AI Fixed by Correcting a Single Letter? (Read 23,247 times)

Corporal Hicks

It is, just looks like it never made the rounds.

Local Trouble

I wonder if they'll even bother issuing a patch for the console versions.

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

The game ought to be buried, along with E.T.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 16, 2018, 06:30:09 PM
Don't count on it.

Huggs

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 17, 2018, 10:43:34 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 16, 2018, 06:30:09 PM
Don't count on it.

It's really too late in the game at this point. Best thing to do is get a different developer to start a new game under extreme scrutiny.

skull-splitter

Not only is it too late, it simply costs them money to issue a patch even if it fixes one typo on any platform other than PC.

Huggs

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 17, 2018, 10:25:26 PM
Not only is it too late, it simply costs them money to issue a patch even if it fixes one typo on any platform other than PC.

Yep. It would be a waste of money this far in. It's like paying to put a brand new exhaust system on a car that needs to be completely re-built from the ground up. And I mean every single thing down to the tiniest bolts.

Eventually you have to reach the point where you either accept it for what it is, (a total loss) and put it out to pasture. Or call the scrap guy, and get a few bucks for it.

There's really nothing that can save the game for me, personally. Every now and then I enjoy the first few minutes on the Sulaco, the walk to Hadley's, and the Raven chase down in the hive. But that's about it. Other than that, it stays in the wallet.

Olde

To add insult to injury.

Wouldn't expect anything less from Gearbox at this point, honestly.

Huggs

Quote from: Olde on Jul 18, 2018, 12:36:33 AM
To add insult to injury.

:D This is just too much.

Without thinking, I immediately started checking the job summary for typos. Would've been a good way to weed out those who need not apply. But I guess they didn't want to risk the joke.

Gate

To add insult to injury.

Corporal Hicks

To add insult to injury.

I'd find that hilarious if I didn't think Gearbox/Pitchford were awful and didn't give a shit about anything to do with the game.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2018, 07:19:02 AM
To add insult to injury.

I'd find that hilarious if I didn't think Gearbox/Pitchford were awful and didn't give a shit about anything to do with the game.

Too right. While I don't hate the game and enjoy a play of it now and then, how they handled the situation was just awful. Zero accountability taken and petty attacks on legitimate critics. Definitely not supporting them as a studio in the future.

What little good did come of ACM seemed like more a product of TimeGate, Demiurge, Nerve Software, and Check Six Games, than it was of Gearbox.

Gate

Randy Pitchford (and going farther than just Gearbox but he as a person) insulted players to the point where I refunded both Homeworld games on steam. Gearbox remains the only company I've ever boycotted products from. Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft all save face and fix anti-consumer rhetoric when called out on it. Gearbox has yet to make up for that with ACM and other products.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I recently resisted buying Homeworld because the remaster was put out by Gearbox. I refuse to purchase any of their products simply due to how they handled the criticism and what came out about the development of the game. Like you, I don't do that with any other company.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed