Pop Funko Predator Dog!

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 05, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

Author
Pop Funko Predator Dog! (Read 30,147 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I doubt we'll see an AVP any time soon.

Master

Master

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 17, 2018, 04:09:21 AM

If the Predator 's hit, then we might get one realy soon.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Master on Jul 17, 2018, 06:55:21 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 17, 2018, 04:09:21 AM

If the Predator 's hit, then we might get one realy soon.

What's the connection? A Predator film that might be decent does not equal them revisiting what was double barrel franchise poison. They didn't have huge faith in the concept to begin with.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Realistically, another AvP is a huge ways off, if even a possibility, but I still want a proper one.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

My logic to this is the fact The Predator has direct links to AVP , in that sense anything is possible. Add to it the failure of covenant , it actually sort of makes sense.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 17, 2018, 08:21:35 AM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/17e69b1e5b03081b4c0581f868682aff/tumblr_nz0apeRnNc1v16q98o1_500.gif

Realistically, another AvP is a huge ways off, if even a possibility, but I still want a proper one.
Dunno, it all depends how fast Disney will scramble to to make the most of the aquired franchises...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jul 17, 2018, 02:25:29 PM
My logic to this is the fact The Predator has direct links to AVP , in that sense anything is possible. Add to it the failure of covenant , it actually sort of makes sense.

It has direct connections in the sense that fans of the series can point at a wall prop and go "Oh, that's AVP." That does not mean there's even a clandestine attempt to start something bigger.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 17, 2018, 05:43:40 PM

It has direct connections in the sense that fans of the series can point at a wall prop and go "Oh, that's AVP." That does not mean there's even a clandestine attempt to start something bigger.

True. But I wouldn't put it past em' to test the waters. Both AVP's made a decent return for their money. And this was before the prequels, Predators, The Predator, Alien Isolation, and cameos made in games like Ghost Recon and Mortal Kombat. This universe is very much alive on large and small screens, though there have been some stumbles.

There's little reason we shouldn't get another AVP. Yes, it's hard for fans to forget how bad the last two were because we think about this stuff alot, but John Q. Public might not even remember or care. With lower budget risks like deadpool making bank, maybe we can even get an R rating. It's not totally and completely impossible to make a good AVP movie. If The Predator does so-so, coupled with the lukewarm response to covenant, somebody may decide to combine the two again, purely for the spectacle and a quick buck.

But it doesn't have to be Michael Bay's AVP, or Aliens 2. Somewhere out there, a good idea is still waiting. And I hope we get to see it on the big screen one day. Because for me, it's not about the Alien VS the Predator, it's about the humans trying to survive both. Surely this can still be done for an acceptable amount of money. C'mon Hollywood.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 17, 2018, 09:14:56 PM

Because for me, it's not about the Alien VS the Predator, it's about the humans trying to survive both.

Exactly this. We absolutely need characters we can root for, that we can have empathy for. The AVP movies totally failed at that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Someone call Peter Briggs.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 17, 2018, 09:57:30 PM
Someone call Peter Briggs.
Didn't he already got paid over it?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

There's little reason we shouldn't get another AVP.

Because neither one of them did particularly well (Hence why AVP:R got less money.), both were critically mixed/negative.

I'll keep repeating it. They never had faith in the concept from the get go, and after making what they could out of the cash cow, they are not likely to visit AVP ever again, or a the very least not for a good long while.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. I think we might be reading a little too much in the set decoration. I still think it's just what ADI had knocking around or still had the moulds at hand. It's something I do plan on asking when/if we get to chat to them following the film's release but I do think people shouldn't put much on them at this point.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 18, 2018, 01:35:59 AM
There's little reason we shouldn't get another AVP.

Because neither one of them did particularly well (Hence why AVP:R got less money.), both were critically mixed/negative.

Ultimately, this. Fox haven't abandoned the concept, though. I know that. But the last attempts haven't gone down well. Alien's revival hasn't done as well as they wanted and there's a fair bit of negative press to overcome with The Predator too...so that might still not do well. I think the chances of a new AvP film are slim enough as it is. If The Predator doesn't do well, they'll be even slimmer.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2018, 07:35:46 AM
I think the chances of a new AvP film are slim enough as it is. If The Predator doesn't do well, they'll be even slimmer.

Have faith brother. The big mouse may save it yet.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hey I'm not saying I actually want a AVP film tbh, it's tack to me however , I just think considering the fact there are links , however small , it's totally possible. In fact I would argue the chance isn't slim , It's actually quite high. The amount of merchandise Fox makes on AVP probably amounts to a nice bank balance. At the end of the day it's a business , and if The Predator fails. Then fox will be looking to try new things. At its heart it's just capitalism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed