Pop Funko Predator Dog!

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 05, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

Author
Pop Funko Predator Dog! (Read 29,765 times)

mythology

mythology

Mark it up as different dog breeds or them using different species as dogs.

Tracker liked using hounds while this predator looks like it's using bulldogs.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Master on Jul 14, 2018, 06:26:50 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 14, 2018, 04:47:25 AM
I actually like that he's more stripped down and feral. That is the unique take. Instead of having him in even more armory armor.

But that's not interesting nor fitting. We have plot about this intergalactic alien head hunter, known for his superior technology, who wants to be even better and more deadly (whole mutation subplot), yet he runs around in his shorts . Not every fitting.

I disagree entirely. I think a more primal Predator is the more interesting route. We've already had a lot of Predators with new toys. It is fitting of a bigger more animalistic Predator to prefer to use less tech and be superior at hunting and killing himself. Without the aid of extra tech.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 14, 2018, 06:59:32 AM
I actually like that he's more stripped down and feral. That is the unique take. Instead of having him in even more armory armor.

But that's not interesting nor fitting. We have plot about this intergalactic alien head hunter, known for his superior technology, who wants to be even better and more deadly (whole mutation subplot), yet he runs around in his shorts . Not every fitting.

I disagree entirely. I think a more primal Predator is the more interesting route. We've already had a lot of Predators with new toys. It is fitting of a bigger more animalistic Predator to prefer to use less tech and be superior at hunting and killing himself. Without the aid of extra tech.

I can see your point.

However I'm going to miss certain things I want in a Predator movie.

No mask means no thermal vision.

No laser traingle.

I doubt we'll see him camouflaged.

Master

Master

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 14, 2018, 06:59:32 AM

But that makes him just another big monster, insted of sophisticated alien hunter, one of a kind. It takes away allot.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

"Super Predator"? I thought the upgrade was something distinct from the Berserker etc.

I suppose it's fine if you consider him *The* Super Predator rather than *a* Super Predator, but I prefer the term "Upgrade"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: genocyber on Jul 14, 2018, 05:38:18 AM
If Predators have hunting dogs they should look more like this

They're Predators, not Cenobites.

HashTag_TheSwag

HashTag_TheSwag

Jesus Christ

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: DarthWall275 on Jul 14, 2018, 11:10:31 AM
"Super Predator"? I thought the upgrade was something distinct from the Berserker etc.

I suppose it's fine if you consider him *The* Super Predator rather than *a* Super Predator, but I prefer the term "Upgrade"

I agree, but people often feel the need to tie everything together, it's probably reassuring.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 15, 2018, 10:01:31 AM
Quote from: DarthWall275 on Jul 14, 2018, 11:10:31 AM

I agree, but people often feel the need to tie everything together, it's probably reassuring.

I think that was the original intent, but now they could be "on second thought"ing it and trying to tie all the movies together more cohesively.  I honestly would have preferred Upgrade remaining something entirely different than the hunting party in Predators, but at least they're not discounting what happened in the other movie(s).  Makes me wonder if the Super Predators are all from the same clan or if the only thing they have in common is roiding up.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd prefer the latter, but I also like to think Falconer and Tracker were classic Predators, just bad bloods, that joined their freak of nature brother, Berserker, rather than abandoning him.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'll take what the movie will give me, if it's not stated that they are related in it, then they never were.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

The old one ... I like that idea a lot haha, why do I get the feeling , that if this film is successful, we will probably get either a AVP reboot or AVP 3?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I frigging hope so.

Wysps

Wysps

Me too.  A story that follows closely to the original comics would be beyond amazing.  I'd go bankrupt from buying all the subsequent merchandise.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

If they go AVP on us again, please let them get a good director with a good script.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed