Pop Funko Predator Dog!

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 05, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

Author
Pop Funko Predator Dog! (Read 30,256 times)

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3Qs3RgjJr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=9ytlmixtz8yz

QuoteA big thanks to @originalfunko for this Predator Mock up of Ollie! It's so good Ollie thinks he's been replaced.... #thepredator

It seems Shane leak pred dog (Funko Pop)  :o  ;D

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 05, 2018, 09:54:50 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3Qs3RgjJr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=9ytlmixtz8yz

QuoteA big thanks to @originalfunko for this Predator Mock up of Ollie! It's so good Ollie thinks he's been replaced.... #thepredator

It seems Shane leak pred dog (Funko Pop)  :o  ;D

If so, then that's an improvement in my opinion. Definitely better than what the old content suggested. The buck teeth are kind of cute :laugh:

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

Holy Hell I hope not. Looks like a bulldog butt f**ked a piranha

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I loved those goofy f**kers in the script. ;D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 05, 2018, 11:51:11 PM
I loved those goofy f**kers in the script. ;D

As much as it felt cutesy for a Predator film... Yeah, and when
Spoiler
Casey adopts one and becomes the warrior woman. I said "Sold."
[close]

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

How much is fox paying you guys to say these things? I can't be the only person here that thought the dogs and especially the friendly one were just bullshit lazy writing that had no place in a predator movie

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Not in a "this is what I want in a Predator film" but in a "This is straight up b-movie schlock." I love b-movie cheese.

The problem is this isn't a b-movie. It's a big budget "event" picture with all the modern gloss on it, which basically rubs off a lot of the b-movie charm that my head added to those scenes.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I wish Fox were paying me. A little extra income wouldn't hurt. :laugh:

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jul 06, 2018, 02:21:31 AM
How much is fox paying you guys to say these things? I can't be the only person here that thought the dogs and especially the friendly one were just bullshit lazy writing that had no place in a predator movie

Oh I'm with you all the way, actually. The dogs were horrendous - never liked any of it in the script, even if it was a B movie I still wouldn't like them. But I'd rather have a loveable, hunting dog companion look like a regular dog than one with mandibles and dreads.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 06, 2018, 02:34:15 AM

Is there a form we can fill out?  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 06, 2018, 02:44:24 AM

If Fox ever comes knocking, I'll hit you up. ;) Although I may be in the doghouse with them for shitting on Covenant as hard as I have. :laugh:

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 06, 2018, 02:41:24 AM
Oh I'm with you all the way, actually. The dogs were horrendous - never liked any of it in the script, even if it was a B movie I still wouldn't like them. But I'd rather have a loveable, hunting dog companion look like a regular dog than one with mandibles and dreads.

Honestly i'd love if they had the mandibles. Just as most mammalian species on Earth share similar jaw structure characistics, I could see a number of species from the Predators world sharing traits.

Something like the doggo featured with The Assassin Predator:

EDIT: Oops.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 06, 2018, 02:48:26 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 06, 2018, 02:44:24 AM

If Fox ever comes knocking, I'll hit you up. ;) Although I may be in the doghouse with them for shitting on Covenant as hard as I have. :laugh:

Well if that's all it takes, I guess we really are screwed.  :D

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 06, 2018, 02:57:45 AM

Honestly i'd love if they had the mandibles. Just as most mammalian species on Earth share similar jaw structure characistics, I could see a number of species from the Predators world sharing traits.

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/JtSL6Ok.png[/img]

I've actually seen that statue before, and I like it! I do. I think the face is more of a mixture of human dog and Predator. But the issue I have is making the Predator so cute and domesticated, instead of a proper hunting companion to a Predator. It's more in the characterization of the dogs. If they're going to go the wagging tail route, I'd rather just see it with a different face... something like the statue would be easier to accept then straight up mandible and dread combo.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 06, 2018, 02:57:45 AM

https://i.imgur.com/JtSL6Ok.png

EDIT: Oops.

I've never seen that statue before, really liking the designs though! I'm getting a Falkor (furry dragon from Neverending Story) vibe. Must be the eyes, nose, and tail.

Funko has a way of making all characters look like little cuties so I'm not going to pass too much judgment. But dammit if it isn't cute, I think I like the face.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed