Who's side are generally on?

Started by Berend, Jul 08, 2018, 06:34:50 AM

Author
Who's side are generally on? (Read 3,731 times)

Berend

Berend

Humans excluded off course.

While Aliens are my favorite movie monster of the bunch I can't help but root for the Pred.

Huggs

Huggs

I enjoy them both for different reasons. Were I forced to choose between the two?

Alien, all the way. They're terrifying. Everything they do is terrifying. They don't need technology, are perfect in their design, and are simply unstoppable. All a predator can do is kill humans, but with a xenomorph, everyone of us is another potential Alien. There's just too many reason to list. The predators are cool looking, capable, and overall robust. But they're not even close to being as effective or terrifying as the iconic xenomorph. Pit them against each other, with no weapons for the predator, and see what happens. Biologically, the Alien comes naturally built to decimate, and to do so totally.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't root for either.

I prefer my AVP in the Monolith flavour.

What I will say is now that I can see the Alien as a biological A.I, it's intelligence is truly unique.

To me that's truly terrifying, the perfect animal killing machine with the mind of an A.I.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 08, 2018, 07:14:38 AM
I prefer my AVP in the Monolith flavour.

I'd love to hear your elaborations on this.  :)

Quote from: Berend on Jul 08, 2018, 06:34:50 AM
Humans excluded off course.

Are we talking the movies or the games or the comics?

Because if it's the original comic, i'm rooting for the humans. IDGAF what the rules are for the thread.

If we're talking the movies... I can't say I was invested enough in the movies to root for anyone.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm talking in terms of tone, the AVP2 Monolith game hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned.

I do think that lore wise "AVP" however shouldn't be old hat to the Predators, I'd suggest that the Predators are scattered enough that they can live and die never having seen an Alien, in fact it could be like the White Walkers in GOT where generations forgot or don't believe they exist. Most of space is a graveyard.

Predators are hunting to combine themselves with other species because they were too long the apex race and their biology has begun to fail.
The tiny skulls they wear are actually the deformed skulls of others that were never born, they have a population but it's always on the verge of extinction due to this. This would explain part of the juxtaposition between their technology and their behaviour, as if there's no meaning in anything but honor, life and death.

All the while the perfect organism waits in the dark, for anything that will stumble across them, any host.

That's the AVP universe I want.

yautjapet

yautjapet

For me, always predator. I'm not particularly interested in the xenos at all. To me they're a great monster, but that's all, whereas predators have personalities, sapience, and traditions and I find that much more compelling.

skull-splitter

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 08, 2018, 07:54:34 AM
I'm talking in terms of tone, the AVP2 Monolith game hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned.

I do think that lore wise "AVP" however shouldn't be old hat to the Predators, I'd suggest that the Predators are scattered enough that they can live and die never having seen an Alien, in fact it could be like the White Walkers in GOT where generations forgot or don't believe they exist. Most of space is a graveyard.

Predators are hunting to combine themselves with other species because they were too long the apex race and their biology has begun to fail.
The tiny skulls they wear are actually the deformed skulls of others that were never born, they have a population but it's always on the verge of extinction due to this. This would explain part of the juxtaposition between their technology and their behaviour, as if there's no meaning in anything but honor, life and death.

All the while the perfect organism waits in the dark, for anything that will stumble across them, any host.

That's the AVP universe I want.

And this is your personal theory?

The Old One

The Old One

I think it's the way it should be.
Not necessarily the way it is.

I can give or take the whole hybridisation, hunting to improve themselves thing but I do believe in terms of the AVP universe that the Predator society would be a scattered one. That they've been spread thin for so long that if they had a homeworld it's location has long been lost to time- sort of thing.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Way back in 2005 I wrote a short story, don't have it anymore, wherein I basically had the Predators descend into the nomadic tribal culture after their planet was destroyed.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Wait I thought the only rule was that no matter who wins we lose? So what is the point of picking a side.

However with that being said... it's about time for an AVP movie where the humans side with the aliens. :P

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 11, 2018, 09:27:47 AM
Wait I thought the only rule was that no matter who wins we lose? So what is the point of picking a side.

However with that being said... it's about time for an AVP movie where the humans side with the aliens. :P

In the Rage War novels, a large community of humans do indeed side with the Aliens, sorta. They use them to their own benefit (sort of like a weapon) but also take care of and respect them. Was very interesting to see this play out....needless to say it did not go well  :D

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 11, 2018, 03:48:43 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 11, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

In the Rage War novels, a large community of humans do indeed side with the Aliens, sorta. They use them to their own benefit (sort of like a weapon) but also take care of and respect them. Was very interesting to see this play out....needless to say it did not go well  :D
One of the few occasions when using the Aliens as weapons actually works (sort of).

Vermillion

Vermillion

I'm on Hudson's side. 
He's no human. 
He's a badass.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

All this talk is screaming Xenomorph Park! with Hudson being the OG Owen.

Also using xenos vs androids has got to be a money thing. Xeno's are probably way cheaper to make. :P

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 11, 2018, 05:05:18 PM
I'm on Hudson's side. 
He's no human. 
He's a badass.

*the ultimate badass*

get it right  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed