AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 54,257 times)

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 05:09:50 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 08, 2018, 05:04:20 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 04:59:19 AM
Maybe a local woman caught it in the middle of taking trophies.

Dear God, even the locals are doing it?  :D

It could be something like a low quality, grainy, black and white photo of the jungle hunter in a blur with it's eyes flashing or something.

That's what I'm thinking. If done right, it could be really scary lookin', and cool too.There's a lot of ways to make it work.

I'd love to see a picture taken near nightfall in some village. A storm front is moving in and JH would be way up near the edge of a cliff overlooking the village. The rain causing his camo to spark, a physical manifestation of lightening. A malevolent God overlooking the village, before disappearing back into the forest, as the thunder explodes across the sky.

Danversity

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 08, 2018, 05:31:11 AM

It could be something like a low quality, grainy, black and white photo of the jungle hunter in a blur with it's eyes flashing or something.

That's what I'm thinking. If done right, it could be really scary lookin', and cool too.There's a lot of ways to make it work.

I'd love to see a picture taken near nightfall in some village. A storm front is moving in and JH would be way up near the edge of a cliff overlooking the village. The rain causing his camo to spark, a physical manifestation of lightening. A malevolent God overlooking the village, before disappearing back into the forest, as the thunder explodes across the sky.

As cool as that sounds, that much would probably make the picture look too staged for it to be a candid shot by an amateur photographer. But the image really is badass.

OpenMaw

Props to Huggs though, it ties into that poster image we got early on.  :)

Danversity

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 06:04:53 AM
Props to Huggs though, it ties into that poster image we got early on.  :)

True!

KikReask

I'm not too bummed about the removal of the friendly Predators and considering how people hated that in AVP, and considering they hate that style of twist humour from Iron Man 3 too it makes sense to remove them, but it still removes Shane's original vision of the film that could have explored Predator habits in a original light.

Plus while the Ultimate Predator could be a entirely different thing, at its core we have seen this set up before with the Predalien and Super Predators. When the Predator is fighting Aliens or other Predators it stops being tense and becomes a Godzilla vs type film. Essentially this is Predator vs Predator 2.

I like the references to previous films being added though, especially AVP as we don't have too many main Predator films to reference honestly, but I want this to be good and successful otherwise we'll be waiting another decade or two for the next reboot.

As a wise man once said: "Hopefully it'll work."

The Old One

The Old One

Shane Black spared no expense. ;D

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 08, 2018, 07:26:18 AM
Shane Black spared no expense. ;D

You could say Black put em' in the red.  ;)

Wysps

That is...something else. I like that idea. As an aside, I will say that picture reminds me a little of The Rake.

Spoiler
...is that genitalia? ??? On second thought don't answer that.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

The rake creeped me out years ago.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 08, 2018, 07:45:45 AM
That is...something else. I like that idea. As an aside, I will say that picture reminds me a little of The Rake.

Spoiler
[close]

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3199

Wysps

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 07:57:10 AM
Quote from: Wysps on Jul 08, 2018, 07:45:45 AM

Spoiler
[close]

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3199

Half chicken, half man. This just brings up more questions than answers.

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 08, 2018, 07:56:48 AM
The rake creeped me out years ago.

Spoiler
I pretty much always hid in the camper. No shame!
[close]

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Corporal Hicks, please, you can confirm that?!

Collected the scene, which we will not see the movie:

few stills - 1 2 3

Screencaps (Teaser / NBA TV-Spot / Full Trailer) - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I think this is third act. Very sad for me :-[

But I hope I'm wrong...

OpenMaw

Why would you be sad?

It was awful. Really bad.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 10:28:32 AM
Why would you be sad?

In my opinion:

Becouse, original 3-d act was more large-scale.

Reshoots make 3-d act less large-scale (we get a standard hunt in the forest)

I keep hoping I'm wrong.  ;)

PS - Sorry, My English not so good

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 07, 2018, 11:42:52 PM
Quote from: Dusk on Jul 07, 2018, 08:46:40 PM
Honestly, it's time to start adapting some of the comics. Just Watchmen style, translating the page to the screen, because whenever writers and directors put their own spin on things, we end up with Predators hunting Aliens in Antarctica, Predator 1 in space, and two outings of the Predator running through the american suburbs.

But what would be the point then ? Cinema is a totally different media, better use those differences to create something interesting rather than copy/paste.

Because they already had 3 tries to make something different and interesting. All the Movies either failed to live up to expectations or just crapped all over the regular Predator, by introducing Hollywood's bigger is better mentality. Now we are on attempt number 4, which could turn out to either be great or disappointing like the other ones. The jury is still out on that one. But it doesn't look promising. 

So after 2 bad AvP Movies set on earth, a Movie that sets the first Predator in space and a 4th Movie that before re-shoots had the potential to ruin the Predator franchise entirely, and after the re-shoots now potentially looks like Predators 2.0, I'd love to have at least 1 good comic adaptation. And if that one is well received, maybe they could try to expand things with new Movies from there.

Or you know, wait another 10 years and pull a Halloween, ignoring all Movies that came after the 1st (and 2nd one).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed